Forum

11 posts    Requests only

Posts by fiftiesretro

Jul 06, 2026 at 08:54  [initial post]  Lowercase F

Hello, I am trying to work out what the italic type is in the example. I think it may be a variation of Times, but the "f" in "for" has thrown me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



Dec 29, 2025 at 16:18  [initial post]  Midwife (1970s)

Any help with font ID would be appreciated. Thank you.



Dec 03, 2025 at 07:53  [reply]  Pin text

Hi Jerseygirl, it's probably a hand rendering from a stencil pattern. Even stencils were based on typefaces back in the day :-)


Nov 21, 2025 at 11:38  [reply]  Pin text

Hi Robbo, some of the characters are similar but it is quite different. Thanks for your contribution.


Nov 21, 2025 at 02:15  [reply]  Pin text

Provided a clearer image.


Nov 19, 2025 at 11:01  [initial post]  Pin text

Any idea what this typeface could be? Appreciate any suggestions.



Edited on Nov 21, 2025 at 02:14 by fiftiesretro



You are very clever. I wish I had those skills! Did you make this by scanning the book and tracing around the characters in Illustrator?



Is that is "The Book of American Types" published in 1941?

Interesting how the "H" has changed to match the card in the original post, but the "v" is different in the 1941 sample.



Hello claudeserieux. Thanks for the link to Wedding Text. I looked at the sample but it was missing the descender under the Capital H, however, there was another typeface in that book that looked similar... Shaw type. See page 66. I wonder if there is a digital OTF/TTF version of this?



Trying to identify the typeface used in this handcart. 'The Hand' and 'Five' are extracts showing the same font in different context. Note the Capital H in 'Hand' and 'A. E. S. Hannan' and the lower case V and W in 'Five', 'Achievements' and 'New Zealand'

Any help would be most appreciated.



Feb 13, 2025 at 18:20  [initial post]  1960s light typeface?

Anyone have any idea what this typeface is? The combination of g and f has me stumped! Featured in a magazine.




All times are CEST. The time is now 07:12
 

Cookies  -  Privacy Policy  -  Contact
Links:  On snot and fonts