Foro

11 posts    Sólo solicitudes

Posts de fiftiesretro

06/07/2026 a las 08:54  [post initial]  Lowercase F

Hello, I am trying to work out what the italic type is in the example. I think it may be a variation of Times, but the "f" in "for" has thrown me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



29/12/2025 a las 16:18  [post initial]  Midwife (1970s)

Any help with font ID would be appreciated. Thank you.



03/12/2025 a las 07:53  [respuesta]  Pin text

Hi Jerseygirl, it's probably a hand rendering from a stencil pattern. Even stencils were based on typefaces back in the day :-)


21/11/2025 a las 11:38  [respuesta]  Pin text

Hi Robbo, some of the characters are similar but it is quite different. Thanks for your contribution.


21/11/2025 a las 02:15  [respuesta]  Pin text

Provided a clearer image.


19/11/2025 a las 11:01  [post initial]  Pin text

Any idea what this typeface could be? Appreciate any suggestions.



Editado el 21/11/2025 a las 02:14 por fiftiesretro



You are very clever. I wish I had those skills! Did you make this by scanning the book and tracing around the characters in Illustrator?



Is that is "The Book of American Types" published in 1941?

Interesting how the "H" has changed to match the card in the original post, but the "v" is different in the 1941 sample.



Hello claudeserieux. Thanks for the link to Wedding Text. I looked at the sample but it was missing the descender under the Capital H, however, there was another typeface in that book that looked similar... Shaw type. See page 66. I wonder if there is a digital OTF/TTF version of this?



Trying to identify the typeface used in this handcart. 'The Hand' and 'Five' are extracts showing the same font in different context. Note the Capital H in 'Hand' and 'A. E. S. Hannan' and the lower case V and W in 'Five', 'Achievements' and 'New Zealand'

Any help would be most appreciated.



13/02/2025 a las 18:20  [post initial]  1960s light typeface?

Anyone have any idea what this typeface is? The combination of g and f has me stumped! Featured in a magazine.




Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 08:18
 

Cookies  -  Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto
Links:  On snot and fonts