Fórum

11 posts    Apenas pedidos

Posts por fiftiesretro

06/07/2026 às 08:54  [post inicial]  Lowercase F

Hello, I am trying to work out what the italic type is in the example. I think it may be a variation of Times, but the "f" in "for" has thrown me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



29/12/2025 às 16:18  [post inicial]  Midwife (1970s)

Any help with font ID would be appreciated. Thank you.



03/12/2025 às 07:53  [resposta]  Pin text

Hi Jerseygirl, it's probably a hand rendering from a stencil pattern. Even stencils were based on typefaces back in the day :-)


21/11/2025 às 11:38  [resposta]  Pin text

Hi Robbo, some of the characters are similar but it is quite different. Thanks for your contribution.


21/11/2025 às 02:15  [resposta]  Pin text

Provided a clearer image.


19/11/2025 às 11:01  [post inicial]  Pin text

Any idea what this typeface could be? Appreciate any suggestions.



Editado em 21/11/2025 às 02:14 por fiftiesretro



You are very clever. I wish I had those skills! Did you make this by scanning the book and tracing around the characters in Illustrator?



Is that is "The Book of American Types" published in 1941?

Interesting how the "H" has changed to match the card in the original post, but the "v" is different in the 1941 sample.



Hello claudeserieux. Thanks for the link to Wedding Text. I looked at the sample but it was missing the descender under the Capital H, however, there was another typeface in that book that looked similar... Shaw type. See page 66. I wonder if there is a digital OTF/TTF version of this?



Trying to identify the typeface used in this handcart. 'The Hand' and 'Five' are extracts showing the same font in different context. Note the Capital H in 'Hand' and 'A. E. S. Hannan' and the lower case V and W in 'Five', 'Achievements' and 'New Zealand'

Any help would be most appreciated.



13/02/2025 às 18:20  [post inicial]  1960s light typeface?

Anyone have any idea what this typeface is? The combination of g and f has me stumped! Featured in a magazine.




Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 08:18
 

Cookies  -  Política de Privacidade  -  Contato
Links:  On snot and fonts