Forum

11 posts    Nur Anfragen

Posts von fiftiesretro

06.07.2026 um 08:54  [Ausgangseintrag]  Lowercase F

Hello, I am trying to work out what the italic type is in the example. I think it may be a variation of Times, but the "f" in "for" has thrown me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



29.12.2025 um 16:18  [Ausgangseintrag]  Midwife (1970s)

Any help with font ID would be appreciated. Thank you.



03.12.2025 um 07:53  [Antwort]  Pin text

Hi Jerseygirl, it's probably a hand rendering from a stencil pattern. Even stencils were based on typefaces back in the day :-)


21.11.2025 um 11:38  [Antwort]  Pin text

Hi Robbo, some of the characters are similar but it is quite different. Thanks for your contribution.


21.11.2025 um 02:15  [Antwort]  Pin text

Provided a clearer image.


19.11.2025 um 11:01  [Ausgangseintrag]  Pin text

Any idea what this typeface could be? Appreciate any suggestions.



Bearbeitet am 21.11.2025 um 02:14 von fiftiesretro



You are very clever. I wish I had those skills! Did you make this by scanning the book and tracing around the characters in Illustrator?



Is that is "The Book of American Types" published in 1941?

Interesting how the "H" has changed to match the card in the original post, but the "v" is different in the 1941 sample.



Hello claudeserieux. Thanks for the link to Wedding Text. I looked at the sample but it was missing the descender under the Capital H, however, there was another typeface in that book that looked similar... Shaw type. See page 66. I wonder if there is a digital OTF/TTF version of this?



Trying to identify the typeface used in this handcart. 'The Hand' and 'Five' are extracts showing the same font in different context. Note the Capital H in 'Hand' and 'A. E. S. Hannan' and the lower case V and W in 'Five', 'Achievements' and 'New Zealand'

Any help would be most appreciated.



13.02.2025 um 18:20  [Ausgangseintrag]  1960s light typeface?

Anyone have any idea what this typeface is? The combination of g and f has me stumped! Featured in a magazine.




Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 10:41
 

Cookies  -  Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt
Links:  On snot and fonts