Ad by DhwStud

Forum

833 posts    Identified fonts    Requests only

Posts by metaphasebrothel

Menhir said  
And try to disable the Windows option "hide the extensions" (I don't know how to do that with W7) to know exactly the type of files that you use.

Hidden file extensions make it easier to rename files. Most people can recognize a file type by the icon.

Nov 09, 2013 at 19:19  [reply]  What's that font pleaaase

Suggested font: Clementine Sketch

Alduin's Khajiit said  
nope, wrong again! just alt prntscrn

Try using the screenshot capture feature in VLC Media Player. It will save a .png image in your My Pictures folder with the same sized dimensions as your video file. It's very possible that you did not enlarge the image manually, but alt prntscrn may have, automatically. When I did screen captures using [b}ATI File Player[/b], it always saved the image as a 24 bit bitmap, with 1024 x 768 dimensions, regardless of the actual dimensions of the video being captured.

Oct 27, 2013 at 07:01  [reply]  Can I Use This?

HaajaSparx, Astigmatic One Eye Font Foundry released a large number of both Free and Shareware fonts from 1996 to 2004. Haunt AOE is one of the free fonts. Go ahead and use it for your book.

Here is the text of the 1997 and 1998 AOE read me documents. Keep in mind the text was written a long time ago, so the contact information is unlikely to be current. The terms for commercial use apply to the shareware fonts:

Freeware, and Purchasable Fonts Galore
(c)1998 by Astigmatic One Eye Foundry

The Freeware Font(s) included in this pack were created by Astigmatic One
Eye Font Foundry, (aka Brian J. Bonislawsky - Astigma). Since November
5th, 1996, I have been creating fonts and offering them on the web to
the public. Since then I have strived to create a full range of fonts,
from the bizarre to the sometimes nearing traditional, from picture fonts
to utility fonts, and I will continue to do so for a long time to come.
All Astigmatic One Eye Fonts are available in Truetype format for the
Macintosh and PC compatibles, (Postscript Type 1 can be made available
upon request).

After my first year on the web, I have over 70 fonts available online
for viewing, download or purchase. If you use my Freeware fonts don't
forget to check out what's available for purchase, after all, without
your support I will be unable to the time to offer you my free fonts
almost every month. Any $10 or more font purchase will get the full
version of that particular font in whatever format best suits your
needs, (Postscript, or TrueType), and also a full copy of one of my
bonus fonts collection, some of my freeware fonts, and trial versions
of some of my latest releases. Be sure to check out my full variety
of fonts, always growing.

Visit A.O.E. at: http://www.astigmatic.com/
or send e-mail to: astigma@astigmatic.com

You're welcome to pass the Freeware version of this font along for
others to review, as long as this document is also included in the
transfer. Many thanks for your consideration.

Please do not include this font on any CD-Roms without written consent
from AOE. This font is not to be resold or remarketed. This font is
free to use in any private manner. If you plan to use this font
commercially in any manner please contact AOE concerning this for
terms of commericial use. Thank you.

All Rights Reserved by Astigmatic One Eye, 1998.

Brian J. Bonislawsky
astigma@astigmatic.com
Astigmatic One Eye Font Foundry
412 NW 187th St
N. Miami, FL 33169
=====================================================================
http://www.astigmatic.com/

Freeware, Shareware, and Purchasable Fonts Galore
(c)1997 by Astigmatic One Eye Fonts

The Freeware Fonts included in this pack were created by Astigmatic One Eye Font Foundry. Since November of '97 we have been striving to create more high quality fonts, sometimes serious, sometimes bizarre, always interesting, and atleast 1 new FREEWARE font EVERY MONTH! Available for Macintosh and Windows PC in TrueType format.

We have over 50 fonts available online for viewing and download or purchase. If you download our Freeware fonts don't forget to check out what's available for purchase, after all, without your support we will be unable to offer you our free fonts EVERY MONTH. Any $10 font registration and purchase will get the full version of that particular font in whatever format best suits your needs, (Postscript, or TrueType.), and also a full copy of one of our special freebie with purchase fonts, some of our freeware fonts, and trial versions of some of our latest releases. Be sure to check out our full variety of fonts, always growing.

Visit A.O.E. at: http://www.comptechdev.com/cavop/aoe/
or send e-mail to: astigma@comptechdev.com

You're welcome to pass the Freeware version of this font along for others to review, as long as this document is also included in the transfer. Many thanks for your consideration.

Please do not include this font on any CD-Roms without written consent from AOE. This font is not to be resold or remarketed. This font is free to use in any private manner. If you plan to use this font commercially in any manner please contact AOE concerning this.
Thank you.

All Rights Reserved by Astigmatic One Eye & CAV OP Studiosİ.

Brian J. Bonislawsky
astigma@comptechdev.com
412 NW 187th St
N. Miami, FL 33169
===========================================================================================
http://www.comptechdev.com/cavop/aoe/

Astigmatic One Eye Font Foundry Order Form

Full Name ______________________________________________________
Company ________________________________________________________
Address ________________________________________________________
Address (cont.) ________________________________________________
City _______________ State ___ ZIP _________ Country ___________
E-mail Address _________________________________________________
Please send me ____________ copies of ____________________ font.
Please also send me my 1 Bonus font* ________________________.
*(see Ordering & Deals Info http://www.astigmatic.com/aoeff/order.html)
Font Platform: () Macintosh or () Windows/PC
Font Format: () TrueType and/or () Postscript Type 1
Font Cost: $____________
Shipping and Handling per order
(U.S./Canada $2.00, others $3.00): $____________
TOTAL: $____________

() Check enclosed () Money Order Enclosed () Cash Enclosed*
*(Astigmatic One Eye Foundry takes no responsibility for cash lost in mail)
*(make all checks out to "Brian J. Bonislawsky", thank you.)

Signature: _____________________________________________________

Please send your order to: Brian J. Bonislawsky
Astigmatic One Eye Foundry (A.O.E.F.)
412 NW 187th St.
N. Miami, FL 33169 USA

You will be notified via e-mail when your order is recieved and when it's sent out to you.
For my personal records or in a sense resume, please inform me of any website or publications
usage of Astigmatic Fonts. I am always interested in seeing how and where they are being used.

Thank you.
Brian J. Bonislawsky
astigma@astigmatic.com
===========================================================================================
http://www.astigmatic.com/aoeff/

~bobistheowl

Menhir said  
Some are very heavy (in term of Kb)... too heavy... So heavy that's impossible to use correctly.
It's the problem with some font created just with a conversion from scan without control and optimisation.

I think you should let someone who uses a Mac operating system answer this. The font is not overyly 'heavy', (382 kb), and it was not "created just with a conversion from scan".

The font works fine with Windows. I have no way to test it, for Mac.

~bobistheowl, (designer of ObeyPatterns)

Oct 14, 2013 at 17:18  [reply]  Looking for Empire

AaronC, if you click on the New Fonts link, in the upper right hand section of the window, you'll see a link for more options. Click on that, and you can filter the results to show or hide fonts based on the license type, (ie: show only Free, or Public Domain, etc.).

You can search for commercial fonts by name at fonts.com or myfonts.com from DaFont, using this link: http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=xxxx - replace the 'xxxx' in the search query with the name of the font you're looking for.

If you want to browse commercial fonts available on DaFont, you won't find any. A commercial font must be purchased before you can download it. Every font hosted by DaFont can be downloaded for free, and can be used for personal use, without charge. Some, but not all, of the fonts available at DaFont require a payment for non personal use. This payment would be made from the user to the designer; DaFont is not a party, in the payment process.

The major difference between sites like Dafont and myfonts is how payment for commercial use is made. Myfonts collects payments on behalf of the designers they represent. DaFont does not. The only people who pay money to Dafont are the advertisers, whose banners are displayed on each page, (unless you click the hide ads link). The designers whose work is hosted by DaFont don't pay to have their work showcased, and DaFont doesn't pay them to display their work. DaFont doesn't pay anyone, including the forum moderators, (except for the cost of hosting a website that uses huge amounts of upload bandwidth).

Here's how to change the vertical metrics with FontLab Studio5:

1. Decide what will be the height of your caps. It is 700 by default in Fontlab.

2. Get the current caps height of your font. Get it from the letters with flat tops like the E, F, etc.

3. Divide the large caps height by the new caps height that you want (ex 700) and then multiply that by 1000. You can either round that figure or just drop the decimals.

4. Open Font Info and click on Metrics and Dimensions. Enter the number you got in #3 in the UPM size box and make sure that scale all glyphs check box is unchecked. Click on apply.

5. Change the UPM size to 1000 and click on the scale all glyphs check box. The check box should have a check on it. Click on Apply.

6. Expand Metrics and Dimensions. Fontlab will automatically update Key Dimensions during the UPM change so there's nothing to change here. However, it does not update the value in "True Type specific metrics". So select "True Type specific metrics" and then select "Set custom values". Click on recalculate and then select "Calculate values automatically" and that will dim all values. Despite its name, the values in "True Type specific metrics" affects all fonts, not just TTF, generated by Fontlab. Even if the values set there are dimmed, those are still used by Fontlab. If you don't change the values here, the font's line height will still be the same as that of the large letters. Click OK when done.

6. See your flat topped glyphs. Their height should be at 700 (or your desired new caps height) or a unit above or below it, depending what you did in #3.

Thanks to Toto@K22 for the tutorial.

Oct 06, 2013 at 01:36  [reply]  fonts

Try copy/ pasting the .ttf file into the Fonts folder in your operating system.

http://luc.devroye.org/fonts-31958.html

Landliebe is a free font the guy made in 2001. Just use it.

koeiekat said  
Symaticc is talking about copyright transfer, not about a license to use the font. Copyright transfer of a font on dafont doesn't make much sense though, as it has probably already been downloaded by thousands and through the crappy copycat sites is and will be available in the wild. The one who would benefit from such a transfer would be the designer, several thousands Euro in the pocket in one go. Not Symaticc who paid the money for a copyright he can not protect.
If Symaticc wants a font specially and only for him, he'd better have one made for him and pay the price for design and copyright transfer.

I don't agree - I think he just wants a commercial license. I can see how his request could be interpreted both ways, but I think my understanding of the nuances of Canadian colloquial grammar exceeds yours.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:51  [reply]  notepad file instead of ttf

Look at the icons of the files in the download .zip. If the icon looks like two overlapping capital letters T, it's a font. If it looks like a stenographer's pad, it's a text document. Text documents open with Notepad. Font files don't, unless you right-click the font file, and select Open with -> Notepad.

If the font is designated as free or public domain, you can use it for your business logo without first obtaining permission from the designer. In these cases, it would be good etiquette to inform the designer of how you plan to use their work, but that would be optional on your part.

If the font is designated as free for personal use or donationware, the terms for commercial use should be contained in a supplemental file in the download .zip file, or in the Note of the author section on the details page, (click on the banner with the text display of the font name to go to the details page).

If the terms of use are not defined in one or both of those locations, click on the designer's name on the details page. This will show you his/her/their home page, and links to see their profile, or to send them a private message.

If there is no indication of the terms of use, make a new post in this thread, with the name of the font and a link to the details page, and someone may be able to assist you. Your inquiry is too vague for anyone to provide a direct answer that would apply to all fonts hosted by DaFont.

In all cases where a payment is required to use a font commercially, the payment is made by the user to the designer. DaFont does not sell fonts, nor does it collect money on behalf of the designers whose work is hosted here. In some cases, however, there will be a link to which payment for commercial use can be made through PayPal, or a similar online account.

Sep 21, 2013 at 20:57  [reply]  What does this word mean?

koeiekat said  
metaphasebrothel said  
... He wasn't drunk, just French.

... thinking in German ...

That makes sense. I was thinking that people who are drunk slur their speech when they talk, but not when they type.

The only German I know is Schnell!, for when the guy who lives in the basement isn't shoveling the coal fast enough.

Sep 21, 2013 at 16:35  [reply]  What does this word mean?

Menhir meant better when he said besser. He wasn't drunk, just French.

Sep 21, 2013 at 16:29  [reply]  How can I contact Willy Mac

ForeverAri921 said  
Email?

ForeverAri921, AJ's e-mail address was mv.dings@tiscali.co.uk, but I haven't had any correspondence with her in almost six years, so the address might now be inactive. Even then, she didn't have any contact information for Karla.

Twenty-nine of the WillyMac fonts are available on DaFont, http://www.dafont.com/willymac.d527. The entire collection of 55 WillyMac fonts can be found at Fontspace http://www.fontspace.com/willymac, but she didn't upload them herself.

Sep 20, 2013 at 04:19  [reply]  JI-Nearly Font

koeiekat said  
And what might a JI-Nearly be?
And whatever a JI-Nearly might be there surely is nothing like a JI-Nearly font. Maybe just a font used by/for a JI-Nearly thing.

Fonts with a JI prefix are usually by Jeri Ingalls, (Jeri's Fonts). There's no mention of Nearly on the Luc Devroye page: http://luc.devroye.org/fonts-32181.html

There is a font called JI Nearly available on one of download sites on the shit list.

Jeri Ingalls did a lot of dingbats and letterbats, and a few standard alphabet fonts about 10-12 years ago. From the read me docs I have, they were Free for Personal Use, but the commercial use terms aren't mentioned.

Fonts with a JI- prefix are from Jupiter Images Corporation. I have quite a few of them. They appear to be knock-offs, for the most part. JI-Schrod:

Looks an awful lot like Fontdinerdotcom: http://www.dafont.com/fontdinerdotcom.font?text=JI-Schrod&back=author

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Sep 20, 2013 at 04:43 by metaphasebrothel

daaams said  
"too much bold kills the bold"
- daaams, 2013

"Too much ♦marijuana♦ makes someone think he is funny".

~bobistheowl

@Jay0973: Diogenes is a Free font. All of the Apostrophic Labs fonts are free. If you want the specific terms of use, here they are: http://www.myfonts.com/foundry/Apostrophic_Labs/

"The fonts from Apostrophic Laboratories are freeware and can be used as they are in any context without permission from Apostrophic Laboratories, except to produce material that is racist, criminal and/or illegal in nature." .

(You could have easily found this Myfonts link yourself, on any search engine).

I think the only other condition is that you must read the read me text document, and from an earlier post of yours, you've already done this.

You can use the following guidelines for other fonts:

If the font is identified as Free, you can use commercially, without asking for, or receiving permission from the designer. If the designer has contact information in DaFont, they would likely appreciate receiving an e-mail with an image of how you used their font, but that's just common courtesy, not a mandatory requirement. The user DOES NOT have the right to modify a Free font, nor can the user rename the Free font, and claim that it is their personal creation.

Most fonts made prior to 2008 were either Free or Commercial, with a small number being Shareware, (similar to Free for Personal Use, but with a small fee, usually $5 - $10, for a commercial use license).

If the font is Free for Personal Use, the definition of personal use, and the licensing fee, will vary from font to font, and may be dependent on the type of commercial use for which the font is to be used. For example, If a film studio wanted to use the font for movie titles, they might pay a higher fee than someone who wants to print a flyer for an Indy rock band that plays gigs for beer.

If the font is Donationware, you need to pay something to the author, or to some agency designated by the author, but the amount is variable, and determined by the person who is using the font commercially.

If the font is Public Domain, consider it to be the same as a free font, with, (often), the additional option for the user to have the right to modify the font, (ie: you could create additional glyphs, perhaps with an accent added to an upper or lower case letter).

If the font is Commercial, you have to pay a fee before you can download the font, and the terms of commercial use should ALWAYS be clearly and specifically defined.

If the terms of use are not clearly spelled out in one or more files contained in a download .zip from DaFont, you NEED to contact the author ONLY IF the font is Free for Personal Use or Donationware.

One other general rule, regarding the DaFont forums: You should generally disregard advice from any poster who uses smilies in lieu of text. You should pay more attention to posters who use bold text, for emphasis.

As you probably already know, smilies are for teenage girls sending text messages to each other on mobile phones. For some reason, people from Europe think smilies are cool, like wearing a thong swimsuit at the beach, regardless of their level of physical conditioning. No doubt, they are probably the same people still doing the Mexican Wave at concerts and sporting events.

~bobistheowl

All times are CEST. The time is now 03:09

Privacy Policy  -  Contact