Ad by Geckodude

Forum

14 posts

fonts

Oct 05, 2013 at 18:35

I get a message when I try to open fonts. I'm using Windows vista. the message "the file type you are trying to access is not supported" Need Help!!

Oct 05, 2013 at 18:37

Have you unzipped the zips and then installed the fonts?

Oct 05, 2013 at 18:42

Sorry, I'm a novice. Does it not automatically install after you unzip it? If not how do I install them?

Oct 05, 2013 at 19:16

Just take a look here

http://www.dafont.com/faq.php#win

Oct 06, 2013 at 01:11

when I right-click I don't have the option to install.I clicked on open and got the same message as before.

Oct 06, 2013 at 01:36

Try copy/ pasting the .ttf file into the Fonts folder in your operating system.

Oct 06, 2013 at 13:49

Thanks,but,still getting same message

Oct 06, 2013 at 22:19

I know it is difficult to just follow procedures and do what you are told to do. Yet sometimes it is still better to do so. When you see a sign that say do not cross the railroad when a train is approaching you may think, nobody tells me when I will yes or no cross the railroad and do as you please. That may be lethal, of course, but nobody tells you what and how to do things right?
So you have two options. One, you get pulverized by the train, as you should be. Two, you follow instructions and live happily ever after, which you show you do not deserve.

Also handy when you use a computer, try to understand your tool. Better still, master it. Then you will also understand that copy/paste and/or dragging a font file to the system fonts directory does not work under Vista. But, as you - alas - refuse to do a proper install you might as well give up ... or get pulverized by that train if you prefer.

Oct 07, 2013 at 01:28

Well then, What will work?

Oct 07, 2013 at 09:36

A proper installation. Start>Help>fonts

Oct 07, 2013 at 11:08

Are you sure that this message appair when you try to open a FONT (a TTF or OTF file). It's not a ZIP file ?
Because if you try to "install" a ZIP file, it's normal that it don't work well.

Can you explain clearly and WITH MAXIMUM DETAIL, what you do, starting at the download ?

Oct 07, 2013 at 15:31

click download on font..save as to documents..open ..click on extract all files..destination folder and extract..then i'm lost. I have looked everywhere for something that says install and can't find it . tried opening it in silhouette and get the message "access not supported". went to help/support and its telling me to click install also.Thanks for your time and help.

Oct 08, 2013 at 10:30

Jinny, you must understand that we can't look your screen. We try to understand you problem "blind". You are our eyes. So, we know only the informations you give us. If your informations are not acculate, we can't solve your problem.

click download on font...

Does that means you do a "right click" on the "Download" button on the right size of the sample of the font ?

save as to documents...

Where (what folder) have you save it ?
What type of document (file extension) is saved ?

open ...

Open with what software ?

click on extract all files..destination folder

What the destination folder ?

then i'm lost.

What it means ???

have looked everywhere for something that says install

Have you read the FAQ of DaFont ? http://www.dafont.com/faq.php#win

tried opening it in silhouette and get the message "access not supported".

What's "silhouette" ?
What file try you to open ?

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Oct 08, 2013 at 10:35 by Menhir

Oct 09, 2013 at 00:33

mumble ... start ... help ... fonts ...
BUT, Jinny, if you are one of those who hide file extensions you will never know what you are doing. Try to understand your tools before you start a job.

All times are CEST. The time is now 21:25

Privacy Policy  -  Contact