Forum

2 posts

Posts by TitanVex

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:07  [reply]  Font kerning only works in TextEdit

drf_ said  
Just out of curiosity, have you tried to set "kerning" to "Metrics" in Photoshop ? As for Word, it doesn't take kerning in account (at least, not by default) as far as I remember.

Hey! Thanks for the tip. Although I did have kerning on, I realized that my character spacing was set to 400. I feel so dumb.

However, the font still doesn't work in Microsoft Word, and I even turned on kerning in the font menu. Maybe it is something with my computer. I am not sure what else to try! Thank you for the help.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:49  [initial post]  Font kerning only works in TextEdit

Hello!

I am trying to generate my new font I have created, but am having serious trouble with the kerning. I have tried a plethora of different options, but nothing seems to be working. Basically, I export my font, but the kerning rarely shows up in applications. I know there is a kerning table, though, because the font works correctly in TextEdit (mac).

I don't want to upload a font that hasn't been gone over with a fine tooth comb, so I need to solve this problem before I can upload.

I am using Fontlab Studio. When I try the font in Photoshop and Microsoft Word, it does not kern. Are there any ideas as to why this would be? Thank you very much in advanced.

All times are CEST. The time is now 14:05

Privacy Policy  -  Contact