Forum

981 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by toto@k22

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:25  [reply]  ME LEEN

Get in touch with the font author and ask him/her what are the terms and conditions for commercial use. Also tell the author exactly how the font is going to be used.

The font author sometimes places a file in the downloaded zip archive with his/her contact information. You can also send the author a private message here in Dafont.

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:18  [reply]  Word : font compatibility problem

Are you willing to show your font? Hard to say anything without seeing the font.

Check your font's encoding.

Aug 03, 2021 at 15:57  [reply]  Author donation

For some font authors, a donation is enough for you to use the font for commercial purposes. For others, a donation is just a donation and does not give you the right to use the font for commercial purposes.

It is better to ask the font author directly if you intend to use a font for commercial purposes. Most font authors here can be reached through private messaging.

IMO your use of the font is no longer personal use. However, the authors of those fonts might have a different interpretation of the meaning of personal use. All authors of the fonts you enumerated can be reached through private messaging here at Dafont so I suggest that you ask them directly.

Jul 22, 2021 at 16:31  [reply]  Private message spam?

I receive the same message, actually 2 private messages, from them but mine have extras. The way I understand it is that if someone clicks on your affiliate link, you will get 25% commission from whatever that person spends at their site.

You should ask the font author directly as font authors have different interpretations of the term For personal use only.

If that is my font, your use of the font is no longer personal. Others are fine with that. If the font comes with documentation, read it.

Jul 17, 2021 at 08:19  [reply]  Font Kroatien Trikot EM 2020

It is a custom font for Nike. There is no legitimate distributor of that font.
You can get that font only from Nike and the national football federations of Croatia and Malaysia, and other countries that may be using it also.

Jun 27, 2021 at 12:03  [reply]  fonts

if Dafont's preview has a line before the first letter and/or a line after the last letter, the font you download will have that feature.

This might not be the font you have in mind but this thread explains how to access those letters with lines

https://www.dafont.com/forum/read/429491/adding-the-extra-bits-at-the-ends-of-letters

Jun 25, 2021 at 14:59  [reply]  commercial permission

Hashirama_17 said  
is it allowed for commercial purposes of fonts that categorized as 100% free or public domain / GPL/ OFL?

Public domain - Yes, without restriction.

GPL/OFL - Yes but read the terms and conditions of the license

100% free - Supposed to be yes. If there's a way for you to reach out to the font author, ask the font author directly.

Jun 21, 2021 at 20:00  [reply]  What font is please

Bridge Type is a custom font designed for the UEFA Euro 2020 competition. See https://www.adotbelow.com/ for info
There is no legit download for this font.

Identified font: Bridge Type

Jun 16, 2021 at 09:15  [reply]  help

Are you referring to this?

If that's it and you only wanted to revert to the default preview string, delete the text that you entered in the preview text box (A) and click on the Submit button. However, if you made other customization to the font preview and wanted to revert everything to the default, click on the Reinitialize (B) link found right above the Submit button.

Jun 10, 2021 at 17:29  [reply]  Identificação de fonte

That is the Adidas font used during the 2014 World Cup. See https://www.dafont.com/forum/read/137673/adidas-2014-world-cup-type

Identified font: Adidas 2014

Jun 01, 2021 at 17:16  [reply]  Not all displays kerning

I had a look at your font and it is very dependent on kerning. It should not be that way. Here's your font with kerning turned off (top) and with kerning (bottom)

Adjust the spaces to the left and right of a letter/symbol as best as you could. Then use kerning to fine tune the spacing between letters.

Jun 01, 2021 at 10:12  [reply]  Not all displays kerning

It is very likely that those sites do not support kerning and it looks like you rely too much on kerning.

I have not seen your font so this is just an opinion based on what I see on your images. I assume that image 3 and 4 are showings from different sites. It shows that your font is either too tightly spaced or those sites mangled the font's kerning but I still say it is tightly spaced. You should try to space your letters similar to what is shown in image 1 and 2. Kerning should never be used as the primary method of spacing the letters. What you should do is redo your letter spacing or horizontal metrics. First delete all of the font's kerning and then adjust the spacing the best you could. When you get an almost perfect spacing you will still see some letter pairs that require further adjustments. That's the time to start kerning your font. When you've done the best you could, grab some paragraphs of text from the web and use your font on it. Do you see some letter pairs that look too loose or too tight, kern those pairs. I will guarantee you that your font will look a lot better on sites that do not support kerning for their previews.

But before doing all of these, keep a backup copy of your original FontForge file just in case you do not like the result of the modification.

BTW I do not know how to use FontForge so I cannot answer any question specific to FontForge but there are many here who are extremely good at FontForge

May 16, 2021 at 11:34  [reply]  Change profile link?

You want to change sanjar-kasmamytov to sanjardev? I do not know if that is possible but only site admins can make a definite statement about that.

May 07, 2021 at 08:07  [reply]  Where is the font Rage?

If you are referring to Rage Italic then it is a commercial font - https://www.linotype.com/1390/rage-italic-family.html

However, if you have Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc...) installed then you already have Rage Italic as it is bundled with that software.

May 05, 2021 at 09:02  [reply]  WHAT FONT?

Identified font: Signika Bold

May 04, 2021 at 19:00  [reply]  what are the fonts used

Identified font: Amatic SC Bold

May 04, 2021 at 18:44  [reply]  Font? Please.

Close but not the font or it's just that the image is small. The s is not a match.

Suggested font: MADE GoodTime Grotesk

May 04, 2021 at 18:27  [reply]  WE WILL SURVIVE font name, please

WE WILL is SF Movie Poster

Identified font: SF Movie Poster

All times are CEST. The time is now 11:04

Privacy Policy  -  Contact