Ad by monocromo

Forum

14,929 posts    Identified fonts    Requests only

Posts by frd

Sep 09, 2012 at 18:03  [reply]  Please identify!!

And I might not be the only one to misunderstand this. Ripoff, knockoff, might be similar words for 99% of the people that might actually see this thread and then might think that Dafont host fonts that aren't legit. As far as I'm concerned, I think there is no need to bring these subjects again and again, especially when they can be so easily misunderstood and bring confusion in the people's minds. Especially since we all know Dafont is the cleanest fonts website anybody can find.

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:49  [reply]  Please identify!!

Still, I haven't had an answer to my question : "I'm sorry, but if you're not talking about the placement, and are sure that Claude drew the font himself, what's the point of calling this font a rip-off ?"

And especially since you admit that everyone is inspired by everyone ?

I'm sorry, but I'm really trying to understand here.

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:29  [reply]  Please identify!!

I'm sorry, but if you're not talking about the placement, and are sure that Claude drew the font himself, what's the point of calling this font a rip-off ?

I mean, cool story, but I really don't see the point. Two people drew two different fonts from maybe a similar source, that "look alike", but the result is different. Of course, one decided to make money, the other one gave it for free. That's another difference I can see.

Edited on Sep 09, 2012 at 17:31 by drf_

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:18  [reply]  Please identify!!

Jackie, we can't compare by just looking at the preview images, can we ? The dots are different, I saw them in the past. Claude has explained many times how he came to this font, and even in the comments here on dafont.

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:15  [reply]  Outline/Filled Font Creation Help please

Black outline and white fill ? I'm curious if that's possible - of course it could be a lack of knowledge on my side.

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:15  [reply]  Please identify!!

But, you said he designed it from a woman's handwriting, didn't he ?

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:12  [reply]  Please identify!!

Hum, but why do we keep saying Chopin Script is a rip-off ? So if two persons decided to do a font from the same handwriting, I really don't see where's the problem ? Both fonts are different, as far as I know, so I really don't see the point in questioning this.

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:09  [reply]  Help pleaseeee

You're welcome

Sep 09, 2012 at 17:02  [reply]  Outline/Filled Font Creation Help please

Hum, if I understand well, you want to automatically fill letters with white while the contour is black ? As far as I know, that's not possible...

Sep 09, 2012 at 15:41  [reply]  How do u type symbols?

Well, you should simply hold the "Alt" key, and then type "0", then "1", then "9", then "2", and then release the "Alt" key. When you release the "Alt" key, the letter "À" should appear.

You could also copy/paste letters directly from here, if you're patient

Sep 09, 2012 at 15:16  [reply]  Outline/Filled Font Creation Help please

Hello Ikos, I'm not sure I completely understand the part where you say : "the interiors of the font (Which i was hoping to be white) were absent."

Could you make a screenshot of the glyph window in Fontlab of one character that has the problem you're trying to describe ? It will be easier to understand (At least for me, maybe someone else might understand this better )

Thanks.

Edited on Sep 09, 2012 at 15:18 by drf_

Sep 09, 2012 at 15:14  [reply]  Kanye West Cruel Summer Font?

DaCme37, j'ai modifié ton lien car il me semble que les liens vers les résultats de WhatTheFont ne fonctionnent plus après une certaine durée. Il serait donc inutilisable...

Sep 09, 2012 at 14:21  [reply]  which font is this?

Identified font: Frenzy

Sep 09, 2012 at 13:29  [reply]  Help pleaseeee

Identified font: Gilligans Island

Sep 09, 2012 at 13:23  [reply]  font

Identified font: Synchronous AOE

Sep 09, 2012 at 13:12  [reply]  HELP !!

Ça n'est pas une police, mais un truc fait à la main : http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/

ou : http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/scribblertoo/

Sep 09, 2012 at 12:21  [reply]  What Font is it?

yoyo154 said  
im looking everywhere to find it for free

No you're not, it's a commercial font, so if someone wants to use it, he'll have to buy it, period. Otherwise it's stealing.

Sep 09, 2012 at 12:06  [reply]  How do u type symbols?

For these, simply hold the "Alt" key and then press the number corresponding to the letter. For example, for the uppercase "À", hold "Alt" and type 0 1 9 2, then release "Alt".

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:12  [reply]  Liar?

Identified font: Deftone Stylus

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:07  [reply]  NY SPLASH

And anyway, you'll have to find a mermaid to shit letters.

And if you don't like our sense of humor...

All times are CEST. The time is now 06:58

Privacy Policy  -  Contact