Forum

62 posts    Identified fonts    Requests only

Posts by moviefan2k4

Jan 20, 2019 at 03:34  [reply]  Karate Kid (1984)

I haven't bumped this up in quite some time; does anyone know of a match for this logo?

Jan 19, 2019 at 06:10  [reply]  movie poster font

Its not Bee Three, because that font has sharper slants on the capital S's. Also, there isn't one all-inclusive font for every movie poster. There's a few different ones that seem to be used by various studios, though (Univers for Universal Pictures being one example).

Jan 19, 2019 at 04:47  [reply]  escape from new york font?

I did some research, and it seems that both Gamer and Cornered were patterned after a 1970s font prototype called Checkmate. There is another similar one called Chisel, but the characters are often wider than the actual "Escape" logo.

So, to put it simply, there is no 100% match, but Gamer and Cornered will get you the closest.

Suggested font: Checkmate

Jan 17, 2019 at 08:55  [initial post]  "The Crow" Movie Poster Font?

I couldn't find a hi-res version of the original film's poster online, so I'm sorry for the low quality of this image. But if anyone could help me figure out what font was used, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Its not Univers, because the capital S's have different center angles. Its also not SF Movie Poster, since the capital M's touch the baseline. Bee Two seems the most likely, as was previously mentioned.

Jan 10, 2019 at 09:01  [initial post]  Edward Scissorhands

Does anyone know what typeface was used, for the logo on this movie's 25th-anniversary home video release? I'd appreciate all the help I can get; thanks.

Jan 01, 2019 at 06:12  [initial post]  The Matrix Reloaded / Revolutions

What typeface is used for these titles? I know for a fact it is NOT the Matrix fan font, nor the similar one called Miltown. So if anyone knows the actual font used for these, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Dec 09, 2018 at 05:43  [reply]  Movie fonts

The title looks very similar to Century, but the capital O is too wide in that font.

Nov 16, 2018 at 07:31  [reply]  Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Bebas Neue is too tall and thin for the top font; thanks for the suggestion though.

Nov 15, 2018 at 02:22  [initial post]  Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

I'm wondering which two fonts are used in this movie's logo, especially the one for "Rhapsody". If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I don't think it is a font; the logo was originally designed in 1987 for the cartoon series. The font called "Turtles" was inspired by the bottom half, but it came along much later.

Mar 29, 2018 at 00:59  [reply]  New Marvel Studios logo fonts?

The "studios" one is actually Kenyan Coffee Regular. Dharma Gothic is close, but the characters are a little too tall compared to their width.

Suggested font: Kenyan Coffee

Its Bank Gothic, except for the Avengers symbol in "More Than A Hero".

Identified font: Bank Gothic

Mar 19, 2018 at 21:01  [reply]  Growing Pains (1985) font

Its very similar, but there's one important difference: none of the letters in the Growing Pains logo have any serifs.

Mar 17, 2018 at 08:42  [initial post]  Growing Pains (1985) font

Any guesses, as to what font was used for this? Thanks in advance!

Edited on Mar 18, 2018 at 12:02 by marty666

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:36  [initial post]  The Lord of the Rings - Title Screens

Does anyone know which typefaces were used, for the individual film titles on these movies? I'd greatly appreciate any help you could be; thanks.

Still looking - can anyone help me with this?

Feb 24, 2018 at 03:40  [reply]  Karate Kid (1984)

jerseygirl said  
New Century Schoolbook Bold

New Century Schoolbook wasn't created until 2007, and this image comes from 1984. I already said the original version of Century Schoolbook wasn't a match anyway.

Feb 24, 2018 at 00:28  [initial post]  Karate Kid (1984)

This font is very similar to Clarendon, News 701, and Century Schoolbook, but I can't find an exact match. If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Edited on Feb 24, 2018 at 00:38 by moviefan2k4

Jan 28, 2018 at 09:34  [initial post]  Font ID Request: Three Musketeers (1993)

This typeface appears very similar to Trajan Bold, but the M is far too wide. Any help would be appreciated; thanks!

All times are CEST. The time is now 03:45

Privacy Policy  -  Contact