Ad by Dealjumbo

Forum

2 posts    Requests only

Posts by AKSThomp

Sep 02, 2020 at 17:13  [initial post]  Can anyone get me close to this?

Can anyone tell me what would be the closest I can find to this font here?

Aug 27, 2020 at 19:21  [reply]  Illest Logo Font

SorryNotSorry said  
2SHADES said  
I'm just sitting here, shaking my head wondering whether or not ANY of you realize just how embarrassed you should be, but are too daft to comprehend it.

The Titleist logo was hand-drawn back in the 1930s, when designers actually used to care about quality and tradition of real artwork, not just "font-ing" everything.

It was never turned into a "font", or as we educated professionals call it, a "typeface".

No, this is LINE ART, it's NOT A FONT. Please go educate yourselves regarding design and tradition.

You should be the one that's embarrassed. @fontbased was being nice. Your comment makes you sound like an asshole. Which judging by the context of it, is probably accurate to who you are. Based of of a few comments on a font website you're going to generalize the entire design industry and compare it to the 1930's? Pretty sure adobe and a computer weren't just laying around pre WWII. As good as you think you are, you stick to the traditional method and I'll shit all over your production time with my tablet... I'd probably do so with a pick axe and a rock too, but whatever. Go back to school and learn how not to be a dick... ya dick.

And to that end - there are a few font creators out there who make it a hobby of recreating older, long-loved typefaces so that other people can use them easily in future projects. So regardless of whether or not a typeface was originally created in the 1930s, any font creator worth their salt would/could/should/ be able to recreate that style of font for other people to use. Maybe someone has already made a Titleist and we simply haven't stumbled across it yet. But it is certainly nothing to act like an elitist dickhead about. Just like we can find fonts that emulate illuminated manuscript, Renaissance calligraphy, Nordic runes and heavy metal bad logos - just because it was made in the past doesn't mean it has to stay there...

All times are CEST. The time is now 18:17

Privacy Policy  -  Contact