Forum

183 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by Jaynz

May 04, 2013 at 21:11  [reply]  So it's been 2 days...

It's done manually.. so the answer is 'whenever the staff here get around to it'. It's usually within a few days, but that's not a hard and fast rule.

It does help not to be demanding about it, though.

Apr 27, 2013 at 16:31  [reply]  Margarosa font, top getting cut off?

Oh, I know HOW to fix this one, just not sure it's worth the bother. For mine own, it may be easier just to make a new font outright.

Apr 27, 2013 at 15:47  [reply]  Margarosa font, top getting cut off?

Wow, okay, looking at this font, it needs a LOT of work - lots of errors, bad shapes, wrong settings, all over the place. I honestly don't know DaFont let this one be approved. I can fix this one, Laurafyp, but you may be better off scrapping it and going to another one.

Apr 27, 2013 at 15:40  [reply]  Margarosa font, top getting cut off?

Laurafyp - email me at jaynz at pixelsagas dot com with a copy of the font file you're using and I'll fix it for you. It's just a matter of redoing a couple of the font settings. (Yes, the owner of the font should do this himself, but you'd be surprised at how many fonts are on here that have their ascenders set badly.)

Apr 19, 2013 at 18:12  [reply]  Somebody Create this Font Please?

You're offering how much, exactly?

Mar 17, 2013 at 16:02  [reply]  Pay to create a font

I could certainly do it, and it wouldn't be too hard or time consuming for me (email me with rates if interested), but I would be VERY surprised if there weren't already very similar here on dafont .

Mar 09, 2013 at 01:26  [reply]  Is Tw Cen MT free to use on websites?

That's why I made "Geddes" ( http://www.dafont.com/geddes.font ), which currently IS free (and will be donation-ware here in about a month). I like not having to worry about licensing issues in my work...

Feb 20, 2013 at 23:23  [reply]  Trouble Unzipping Certain Fonts

Sounds like your connection crapped out in mid-download rather than a problem with WinZip. Delete the file from your internet cache (clear temporary files) and try to download it again. I strongly suggest "save as" to a working folder and check its download progress manually. Once it's completely downloaded and you get the message that it downloaded successfully, THEN try to open the zip.

Feb 19, 2013 at 15:41  [reply]  The Bizness of free fonts

Well, just going by my numbers here, I have a few MILLION downloads of my fonts and have received a few HUNDRED dollars in donations for their use over the past couple of years. I haven't really cared too much about this in the past few years, since this was largely for fun, but it's hitting a point where I'm looking at redoing my licensing options in the near future.

Those arms on a capital "I" are... serifs. That's why you're running into issues. For the most part, and for most major fonts, you'll only see those arms on serifed fonts.

Feb 05, 2013 at 22:19  [reply]  Why didnt my font get accepted?

[mythbusters] Well THERE'S your problem! [/mythbusters]

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:50  [reply]  cracked font

Erm.. pictures would help...

Jul 05, 2012 at 23:29  [reply]  Police d'écriture (recherche)

While this one may be Federation Classic, it's a font that's been cloned a few times. I'm going to reccommend mine (Roddenberry) here just because it's cleaner and far more complete, including lower-case letters, more complete punctuation, and so on. It's also slightly more accurate to the original screen graphics of the Star Trek titles, from whence this font came.

Identified font: Roddenberry

Jul 05, 2012 at 23:16  [reply]  Fonts not 'installing'

... font files are generally TINY... how the heck...

... *brainfart* ...

Jun 29, 2012 at 01:15  [reply]  DELTA ZETA

Are you looking for a 'hand sketch' look, or a machined art-deco type?

Jun 19, 2012 at 01:05  [reply]  Billy Argel

Well, in YOUR case, it's because you're an all-powerful internet cat.

But, I WAS going to see if there was a close match to the font, or something else I could recommend in the meantime, since Mr. Argel doesnae want to get money from anyone.

Jun 18, 2012 at 17:49  [reply]  Billy Argel

Just curious, which font of his are you intending to license?

Jun 16, 2012 at 05:13  [reply]  A little worried...

Glad to know it wasn't anything serious!

(And, yeah, I wasn't worried about my updates, just that you had been gone for a week with no word. :P )

Jun 15, 2012 at 02:02  [initial post]  A little worried...

Has anyone seen the head honcho around here lately? Usually there are font updates and information up daily, but it's been several days now without any updates. Is everything okay? ... :S

Jun 08, 2012 at 05:46  [reply]  Really Bugging my mind!

Yep, that's mine. The angled 'A' is a dead giveaway... as well as something I should try to fix sometime...

All times are CEST. The time is now 06:46

Privacy Policy  -  Contact