Anúncio de homeaffairs

Fórum

7 posts

I submitted my font and nothing...

05/07/2020 às 21:42

I submitted my font and NOTHING happened, Not even a mail!

What's the Problem!

06/07/2020 às 10:50

Hi,
Your fonts will be reviewed and will be added as soon as possible if they don't have any mistakes.
In the meantime we ask people not to submit their fonts several times - which creates more delays
We understand the frustration of the situation and we apologize for it.
We hope to clear this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.

24/07/2020 às 06:38

I also submitted a font and haven't heard anything. I was pretty excited as it was my first submission of a font. This is the message appearing once you submit your font.
"Thank you. Your font will be reviewed and you will receive an email if it's accepted, otherwise no email is sent."

> Can we have an email if the font isn't accepted to explain to the author why? I would imagine on several occasions if there is a problem it could be a simple fix.
> Is there a ballpark time in which it takes for the font to be reviewed? This information may save a users from asking as much as we are.

Thanks in advance.
BTW the font I submitted is: ASL Hands by Frank

- Frank

27/07/2020 às 23:39

I've submitted my first demo font. Have some here on from before.

The policy of not receiving an email if the font is not accepted is a disrespectful decision to the type designers. We're bringing content to your site. For better or worse, we work on these fonts.

Not knowing if you are still in the "pending" queue or rejected is pretty off. If a font has been rejected, the designer wants to know why, we put a lot of time in our work. Keeping your decisions vague and the designers uncertain is not the honest, open and respectful way to go about this.

28/07/2020 às 00:05

I agree. The effort people put into creating a font deserves an explanation if the font isn’t approved.

28/07/2020 às 09:56

So there are a few issues I'd like to address.

First of all, we have major delays at the moment because of the summer holidays and other reasons - we are working on major changes and these changes take more time than initially planned. At the same time there is an increase of submissions. This is not an attempt to avoid our responsibility but just a short explanation as to why things are taking more time at the moment.

Then on the "no email is sent" part. This message is actually quite old on the site and may not be entirely relevant anymore. The reason is that we changed this years ago and now send emails when a font has technical issues that prevent it from being uploaded on Dafont. Thousands of emails are being sent actually. So the message is technically still true of course but I'd say 90% of rejected fonts get an email.

28/07/2020 às 10:23

Well that's great then, because I'll just assume, in absence of an email, that the submission is still pending approval, which removes pretty much all the guess-work

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 11:45

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato