Anúncio de consistype

Fórum

19 posts

Can't make pdf or eps file!

02/06/2011 às 18:13

I downloaded the "free" font called A Yummy Apology. It spaces weird, but I can manage. My big problem is that I can't make a pdf file or eps file which I need to do in order to print. What's the secret? I'd be happy to pay even. HELP!

02/06/2011 às 23:08

Restricted license embedding. No embedding allowed. Ergo you can't embed the font in a pdf or eps.

02/06/2011 às 23:39

What's the point? it's either free or it isn't! Can I get a license to use it? What's the cost of the font?

03/06/2011 às 06:41

Take the time to visit the font (you know what it's called), then see who made it and contact that person. I just did, it's very simple.
And, yes, fonts are free. That doesn't mean they all have embedding rights. If you don't like this, then stop using other people's (free) fonts and make your own.

03/06/2011 às 06:58

Wise ass, I downloaded it 'cause i like the font, not 'cause its free. Free is not the issue. I didn't find this font anywhere except on dafont. If I found it somewhere else where I could have purchased it I would have. I've bought plenty of font from lots of different sources and downloaded plenty of free ones. Never ran into an embedding problem before. I contacted the artist. Blah, blah, blah.

03/06/2011 às 07:05

hanoded, FYI: I went to the font, emailed the artist and got bounced. No one there at that address. Not so simple! Did you really contact that person? what address did you use?

03/06/2011 às 10:26

Lollykupec, If you create the pdf without embedding the font and the printer installs the font before opening the pdf it'll work.
To contact Graham Meade, read your mail

03/06/2011 às 16:42

tried the email for Graham Meade, doesn't work. thanks for reaching out anyway. see you're e. Managed a work around -- orig doc in QE, create an eps, open in PS, save as tif.

03/06/2011 às 18:00

03/06/2011 às 19:28

That one lacks the street name. Lollykupec now has the full mail address so can write to Graham Meade.

04/06/2011 às 05:54

@lollykupec Well the embedding is there as part of his license, So you have to respect that. If you will pay for it contact the vendor. All my fonts are donation ware and require payment if used commercially, but I feel locking down; embedding or PDF'ing personally doesn't help me or any user, even one who doesn't pay me.

08/06/2011 às 20:29

Save PDF with font info, i.e. PDF will search for that font in your Mac Fonts folder. You will need to install that font in all PCs/MACs where you need to view your PDF. You can also convert it to curves, but you can't modify text later within PDF.

26/06/2013 às 10:03

there is a method you can creat a pdf file vb.net. i like the interface and the font. it is just like you said simple and awesome.

29/04/2014 às 08:46

fkimage disse  
there is a method you can create a pdf file. i like the interface and the font. it is just like you said simple and awesome.

do you have any method on how to create eps file and embed font into both pdf and eps file, i am in need of that.

Editado em 29/04/2014 às 08:47 por lucywill

29/04/2014 às 09:31

Lollykupec disse  
I downloaded the "free" font called A Yummy Apology. It spaces weird, but I can manage. My big problem is that I can't make a pdf file or eps file which I need to do in order to print. What's the secret? I'd be happy to pay even. HELP!

Have tested with WinXP + MS Word 2007 + PDFCreator. The PDF result show the text with the good font.

29/04/2014 às 12:14

Only when you have the font installed or open in Font Viewer

29/04/2014 às 16:01

@lucywill:

To make a .pdf with a font that has restrictive embedding, try copy/pasting the glyphs you want to use from the Character Map application to MS Word;

1) Install font.

2) Open character map, (C;\Windows\system32\charmap.exe or Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map).

3) Select font in character map.

4) Double-click each glyph you want to use in the .pdf, to add it to the clipboard.

5)Select from the clipboard, and click the copy button.

6) Open MS Word.

7) Paste glyphs from character map to Word.

8) Select the pasted glyphs, and change the point size, (they will probably copy from the character map at 10.5 - 14.5 points size; you'll likely want them to be larger).

9) Save As -> .pdf.

~bobistheowl

29/04/2014 às 17:17

koeiekat disse  
Only when you have the font installed or open in Font Viewer

No

I've not install the font but just open it (on XP, it's possible).
I've create a short text with this font on Word then I've create the PDF file with PDFCreator.
I've close the tree files (font, doc and pdf).
I've open the doc that show the text badly (not the good font).
I've open the PDF that show the text with the good font.

29/04/2014 às 19:22

In that case it seems PDFCreator is not playing by the rules ...

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 19:51

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato