Forum

14 posts

Can you install fonts on an eee pc?

Feb 24, 2013 at 19:42

I used to install fonts all the time on my Toshiba laptop, but after it broke, I need to use my brother's eee pc. I'm not the biggest fan of the fonts that come already installed on the computer, so I decided to download some other fonts. However, I've tried a bunch of times, but I don't think you can download other fonts on the eee. Does anyone know if you can install fonts on the eee pc? If you can, then how? I've tried everything! Please help.

Feb 24, 2013 at 20:47

eee pc? Is that edible? If not, what can possibly be the use of it?

Feb 24, 2013 at 21:13

What's the operating system of the eeePC Linux or Windows XP ? Are you using it to post on this forum right now ?

Edited on Feb 24, 2013 at 21:30 by vinz

Feb 24, 2013 at 21:24

CPM?

Feb 24, 2013 at 21:29

CPM? Dafuq?

Feb 24, 2013 at 21:39

Control Program/Monitor, the mommy of DOS

Feb 24, 2013 at 21:41

Okaaaaaaaaay

Feb 24, 2013 at 22:18

The acronym CP/M for "Control Program/Monitor" was later backronymed "Control Program for Microcomputers".

In the era when The Ramones and Blondie were regulars at CBGB, our Altairs and Ataris needed something to make programming applications easier. A rogue mind at Digital Research named Gary Kildall developed the Control Program for Microcomputers to do just that -- and the era of the microcomputer operating system began.

It's no exaggeration to say that CP/M was there at the beginning of the personal computing revolution. With CP/M to provide a layer of insulation over the processor, independent software developers just concentrated on making programs that worked for their users. Two of our early favorite programs -- WordStar and dBase -- were developed for CP/M; thanks to the operating system, they could run unaltered on 8080-, 8088- and 8086-based computers.

CP/M also gave us the command line options we came to know and love. The perennial favorite DIR command made its microcomputer debut in CP/M, and so did the eight-character maximum file name plus three-character extension that we lived with for so long.

It's not stretching a point to say that CP/M is the godfather of DOS -- the family of operating systems that ran generations of PCs. In fact, it may be understating the case to call it the godfather: MS-DOS could have been CP/M's twin. It used the same APIs and shared many of the same commands. Only one significant command was different: To copy files, DOS used the COPY command and CP/M used an old DEC minicomputer program name, PIP.

A decade later, look-and-feel lawsuits were won on less evidence than that. Too bad the lawyers back then were not as far ahead of their time as Gary Kildall.

UNQUOTE

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:23

@ Isa : The important is not the PC but the OS : Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7, etc.
Wath's yours ?

Feb 25, 2013 at 15:55

Netbooks run under Windows XP to 7.

Feb 25, 2013 at 16:02

or linux

Feb 25, 2013 at 16:37

Nah ... run ...

Feb 25, 2013 at 16:57

Mine is even flying with Linux

Feb 25, 2013 at 19:35

Linux was the first OS of the eee PC.
At the first time, Win XP was too heavy to run on eee PC.

Pehaps it is the reason of problem of Isa...

All times are CET. The time is now 12:51

Privacy Policy  -  Contact