Forum

5 posts

Automatic Response?

Oct 10, 2011 at 21:59

The automatic response is usually:

"This is most probably not a font"

Though, you don't have to use "Most" and "Probably" together.
It is poor grammar

I also think the "Smilies" should have different names. Not all of them, but SOME of them.
(I don't think one should be called sh_t. You never know what age is on here.)

Oct 11, 2011 at 01:05

This probably, if not most, an irrelevant remark ... but then, with a brain like that ...

Might have picked another pict with that name ...

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:15

Thank you for this wonderful thread. I think it was worth creating it.

Most of the people in this forum are not native english speakers...
i guess visitors understand the sentence "This is most probably not a font", even if there's a grammar mistake. They just want some help, fortunately we're (and they're) not here to play the scrabble.

Dafont is a french website, and i think it would be great if everybody wrote french the way we write english.
We would probably have fun trying to understand your messages. Want to try ?
Anyway, thank you, i'll email the webmaster in order to fix this poor grammar that burns your eyes.

Regarding the SHIT smiley, we don't pretend to be pc... You didn't mention the smiley smoking a fat joint bigger than him, the smileys getting drunk, and the asian-racist one.
The kids you're talking about MOST PROBABLY watch crappy american tv shows containing sex & violence, guns and bad words, and listen to poor rap music with drugs, bees and honey.

Edited on Oct 11, 2011 at 11:17 by marty666

Oct 11, 2011 at 18:33

@Daaams, "this is most probably not a font" is perfectly correct. It is just short for "This is probably, if not most, not a font", with in itself is an understatement for, and a nice way, to say "this is not a font" keeping open the minuscule possibility that it might be a font after all.

Now, interpreting this does indeed ask for some active brain power, which TheBrain most probably lacks. Most probably because there is of course the minuscule possibility that TheBarain does posses this power but failed activating it.

@TheBrain, it is the red button with the white circle and little vertical bar on your remote control.

Oct 15, 2011 at 22:40

"This is most likely not a font" would do just fine.

All times are CEST. The time is now 08:06

Privacy Policy  -  Contact