Ad by mabasiry

Forum

30 posts

Could someone convert this Font Creator file into a working font?

Mar 13, 2014 at 20:27

Could someone convert this font creator project into a font. It ias the AVICII font the new one. It would be highly appriciated!!!!
Download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/kowej9hodpn2a3n/Avicii+2014.fcp

Mar 13, 2014 at 20:39

Could you then send the file to me or upload it here on the site. Many people have requested this font.

Mar 13, 2014 at 23:16

It is empty.

http://cjoint.com/14ma/DCnxukuE6U2_avicii_2014.zip

Edited on Mar 13, 2014 at 23:20 by claudeserieux

Mar 14, 2014 at 01:27

I can't help anyone to do this. I don't have a version of FontCreator that can open .fcp file type. I thought I could, when I made this post originally. This portion was added on November 28, 2014.

A few comments:

1) your kerning, (space between glyphs), is way off on the capital J, the lower case a, and numbers 0 and 4.

2) The S needs to be taller. I think it's currently the same height as the flat topped letter; the letters with curved tops should be slightly taller, so they 'appear' to be the same height. Notice how it appears to be smaller than the T at both the top and the bottom:

3) The capital O and the zero are really bad. You have way too many nodes on the exterior, which gives them the 'Flintstones' look, when enlarged. I don't use FontCreator, but it probably has a feature whereby you can right-click on a node, and select 'delete'.

Conventional wisdom would use exactly four nodes on the perimeter of the O and zero, at North, South, East and West, but it can be done with three.

4) You should look into the Caps Height settings. Although the glyphs appear to be 'normal size', the caps height of 1435 is a bit more than double what it should be, (usually somewhere between 680 - 715)

I used the zip file from claudeserieux, and Studio5 to generate the font files.

~bobistheowl

Edited 3 times. Last edit on Nov 28, 2014 at 06:10 by metaphasebrothel

Mar 14, 2014 at 08:08

Sorry for the bad O 0 and the space between them. The thing was that i couldnt convert The project into a ttf or a open type. I only have The evalation version. I gonna try to fix it today. I Really want to realease this font it Will be popular. Thanks for comments.

Mar 14, 2014 at 09:36

It is not just the zero and O swedshcrafter, it is each and every glyph that has too many nodes which makes this thing rubish. Do some cleaning and then, when you want to save as ttf or otf (with this thing ttf as you have chosen for 2048 units per em), do File > Export.

Mar 14, 2014 at 14:36

swedshcrafter, if you were planning to release the font 'as is', it would, indeed be 'rubish', (sic). It appears to me that you make fonts by importing monochrome bitmaps into your font editor, as opposed to drawing the glyphs with the font editing tools.

I use imported bitmaps, and modify them in the editor. The program I use, ScanFont 3, is well suited for that. Unfortunately, it's no longer sold, and it doesn't work with Windows operating systems more recent than XP. It's also a completely different product than the ScanFont 5 currently sold by FontLab. SF 3 is a stand alone font editor; SF 5 is a plug-in for FontLab's Studio5 product.

koeiekat's comment about '2048 units per em' is related to my comment about the 1435 caps height. It involves a change to the vertical metrics and dimensions. I know how to do that with Studio5, but not with FontCreator.

There should be a tool in FontCreator that would allow you to 'zoom in' the view of a glyph to enormous sizes. If you use an enlarged view, you'll see that quite a number of lines that should be exactly straight, aren't. You might not see the errors at 72 points, but when the text size is changed, they will be noticeable. If you have a viewing option for 'guidelines' or 'hints', enable it. This should display horizontal and vertical guidelines. For a horizontal or vertical straight line, the guideline should pass directly through the center of both nodes. You should do that at maximum enlargement, because a the margin of error may be small.

In this enlarged view of the top of your P, note that an unnecessary node causes the line to not be straight:

Here's a before and after, with about a minute of clean up - note that horizontal and/ or vertical alignments of your nodes can help with the design:

~bobistheowl

Mar 28, 2014 at 00:06

Are there any updates on this font? Has anyone cleaned it up?

May 19, 2014 at 19:32

Hello.

Could someone please export this FontCreator .fcp file to .ttf?
Link to file: http://www.filedropper.com/cherryswash-regular
This is the free (also for modifying) Cherry Swash font, to which I added letters used in Polish language (they were missing) - ą ę - so called "ogonki"
I need this font for a blog.

Many thanks in advance!

May 19, 2014 at 19:47

Why don't you do that yourself?

May 20, 2014 at 09:58

Hello. I downloaded trial version of Font Creator just to modify that font. And in the trial version I can't export the project to ttf file.
I am not a font designer so I don't actually use software like this. I only needed to add some extra characters so I can use the font on a blog.
If anyone could help I would be very thankful.

May 20, 2014 at 11:27

Latest version is not always the best solution. Go get the 5.x trial version.

May 20, 2014 at 11:35

I tried to help you with this, chrupka, but I can't open an .fcp file type. I'm assuming that .fcp stands for 'FontCreator Project' I have that app installed, but I don't have an 'open with' option in the shortcuts menu.

May 20, 2014 at 12:15

Just click Open and then tell Windows to open the fcp file with Font Creator 7.5. You must have a registered version or you run in the same problem as chrupka. The file is not compatible with earlier versions of FC. Adding Polish composites is as easy in the 5 and 6 versions but I am not sure if the 6 trial still allowed you to save the ttf. The 5 trial versions did.

If you will only rarely use the program, do a system restore after use. Install again when needed and you are on day one of the trial again

May 20, 2014 at 13:10

Thanks a lot everyone!
I managed to get the version 5 and there I can save changes directly as ttf files.
So the problem is gone

May 20, 2014 at 18:24

koeiekat said  
Just click Open and then tell Windows to open the fcp file with Font Creator 7.5. You must have a registered version or you run in the same problem as chrupka. The file is not compatible with earlier versions of FC. Adding Polish composites is as easy in the 5 and 6 versions but I am not sure if the 6 trial still allowed you to save the ttf. The 5 trial versions did.

If you will only rarely use the program, do a system restore after use. Install again when needed and you are on day one of the trial again

I have version 5.0, with 'crack'.

May 20, 2014 at 18:42

Never publicly admit that you use crack, not even in Amsterdam

Nov 27, 2014 at 20:41

Hello guys, Im new here, but if i could ask you a favor. Could someone convert my .fcp file into real font which I can use? I would be very gratefull if someone would be so nice and convert it for me here is link for .fcp file https://www.sendspace.com/file/ndiwwz
If someone could help, I would really appreciate.

Thanks ^.^

Edited on Nov 27, 2014 at 20:53 by mamba1393

Nov 27, 2014 at 20:51

Had you taken the trouble to actually read this thread you would never ever have asked this question, would you? Pretty stupid ehh ...

Mar 24, 2015 at 20:23

Sure, swedshcrafter. Here is the download link: http://procyon.com/~sam/Avicii/

All times are CEST. The time is now 15:57

Privacy Policy  -  Contact