Ad by Ozza88

Forum

5 posts

"System Validation" error in Font Book after generating from FontLab. Kerning classes to blame?

May 19, 2013 at 23:43

I have a family of fonts I'm building in FontLab. They are all using the same exact kerning data and kerning classes. For some reason, one of the fonts is giving me a "serious error" in Font Book that says there is a "System Validation" error, with no further details.

I've tried taking a .vfb file from one of the working fonts, copying over glyphs from the font that's giving me trouble, and generating again. Same error. I think I've pinpointed the problem to be something kerning/class related, as if I copy/paste glyphs that AREN'T in a class and generate the font, I don't get an error in Font Book. But once I copy glyphs that are in a kerning class, I start getting the error.

I'm pulling my hair out because I have no idea why this is happening. I've tried resetting the metrics and kerning, then adding the data from the SAME .afm file the other fonts use, no luck. Same thing with the kerning class files. Any idea what could be causing this?! If I can provide you with anything else that might help solve this, just let me know. I'm beyond desperate at this point...

May 20, 2013 at 01:50

May 20, 2013 at 03:17

I don't know if those are active anymore... I registered a couple times recently and never received an email saying I could use the forums.

May 21, 2013 at 18:50

1- I received : Your registration request at FontLab Forum has been received,...Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved

2 - second email : Your account on FontLab Forum has been approved by the forum administrator.

May 21, 2013 at 23:29

Hmm... I was never getting that second email, even after a few days. Maybe I'll try again.

All times are CEST. The time is now 21:00

Privacy Policy  -  Contact