Anúncio de bythebutterfly

Fórum

2 posts

Posts por Nils Kähler

11/01/2017 às 21:39  [resposta]  New font designer.

Oh, ok thank you both for your time and answers, they have been very helpfull.

I'll try to contact the admins, and hear them out.

I love those links, thats some really interesting forums and places to read up on font design.

I use illustrator for setting up the blueprint and structure the letters, and then i use glyphs mini to set them up and export it to a font. It's a lot of fun to figure out how to setup the style and try to keep a solid style throughout all the characters. I'm so facinated about the amount of work that has to be put into a well crafted font, with special kernings between letters, and the amount of symbols that exists. I have done a lot of logo design before, but it's fun to extend the few characters created in that and then create a whole font based on that. So long question short, what kind of software do you use to create your fonts?

10/01/2017 às 14:33  [post inicial]  New font designer.

Hi, I'm new to typography and font design, so i tried to create a font and upload it here but it seems like it didn't get accepted, so i was just wondering where and how can i get some feedback, on why it didn't get accepted. I would like to improve as a font designer but i dont know where to get feedback, are there some good forums or other places where you can show off your creations and discuss it with other typography designers. I'm doing some other designs, but i don't want to spend the time and effort to upload them here if im doing some rookie mistake.

Im sorry for my stupid questions, but im new to this community, and I would like to get a running start.

Editado em 10/01/2017 às 14:37 por Nils Kähler

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 02:26

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato