Anúncio de lopetz

Fórum

183 posts    Fontes identificadas

Posts por Jaynz

31/05/2016 às 18:16  [resposta]  Explorer adventure

It's a newer version of my Adventure font than that's on dafont... you can get it at http://www.pixelsagas.com .

Fonte sugerida: Adventure

Honestly, to me you just sound like you don't want to pay for someone else's work. After all, you're not trying to find an 'official outlet', but just want something for free and are TRYING to play the moral highground in doing so. You're perfectly fine stealing the logo for yourself, but not at the expense of paying someone for their work.

I've got no sympathy, and that horse of yours aren't nearly as high as you think it is.

Or you could man up a little bit for your YouTube banner and spend a few bucks? Seriously, is it THAT much of a crime for you to pay for someone else's work?

Perfectly so. In fact, some of the fonts I've made based on Hasbro's logos are now officially used by Hasbro... You can't copy the logo, but you can re-create its look from scratch just fine.

26/05/2016 às 01:07  [post inicial]  Getting a font renamed?

Just wondering how I go about getting a font renamed to its current use.
The old font is "Bienvenu" which has been replaced in newer versions with "Pixel Coleco". I've mentioned this sort of thing in the uploads before, the but update doesn't seem to include name changes.

That wouldn't be 'personal use', of course. But if a font is listed as 'completely free', then it should be fine.

Well, Turtles is mine, and I can way with 100 percent certain that I did that one from scratch based on the old TMNT cartoon.

14/06/2015 às 17:44  [resposta]  What does "free for personal use" mean?

Yes, but he's right, and it should be obvious. "Non-profit" does not automatically exclude "commercial use". As soon as you send material to the public at large, it's NON-PERSONAL USE. That really shouldn't be that hard of a concept, but these forums are filled with people trying to say "but that doesn't apply to ME, right?" If you're asking, then it probably totally DOES apply to you.

11/06/2015 às 00:13  [resposta]  Volter (Goldfish) - 100% FREE?

OP, try out one of my Pixel fonts (Pixel Coleco is pretty close to what you're looking for) and it's 100 percent free, even for commercial use.

17/05/2015 às 22:37  [resposta]  Commercial use

No, if they say 'how much do you want to pay' it generally means that they'll accept any payment as a donation for commercial use. Send along what you can to support him.

15/05/2015 às 00:55  [resposta]  Borderlands 2 interface font

Happyer.. you would be wrong. Game companies, even 2K games, use free resources all the time. Fonts included.

Jayrickard, that's a little trickier. "Donationware" can either mean "It's free but I would appreciate your support", or mean "you can use this, but to use it commercially you must send me some money." Again, if you're not sure, contact the author. (And suggest that he update his readme file to be more clear.)

12/05/2015 às 14:47  [resposta]  What does "free for personal use" mean?

Non-personal or any commercial use is ANY use of the font meant for the general public. Money does NOT have to change hands. Your own web-page that's primarily meant for friends and family is still personal use ... if it's primarily meant for the world to see, it's non-personal.

22/04/2015 às 22:47  [resposta]  Kraash Not working correctly in Word

And some of my fonts ran into that on the Mac version even though four different font-editing programs showed that they were indeed calculated correctly. This doesn't happen in Office for Windows, though, it's uniquely a Mac encoding issue.

So, on that note, the lovely and talented Dr. Cox has a song for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPD5q6DC43M

22/04/2015 às 19:49  [resposta]  Kraash Not working correctly in Word

Thank you for that one

As for the ascender and descender problems, the problem isn't (necessarily) within the font, but how fonts are handled on the Mac side. In other words, it's the software, not the font. In this particular case, the metrics ARE insanely wrong, but they should be mis-scaling the fonts into tiny little things rather than chopping off the tops and bottoms. Bad font is bad, but Mac/Office appears to be worse.

22/04/2015 às 16:44  [resposta]  Kraash Not working correctly in Word

First of all, Kraash isn't my font. Not remotely sure why you assumed that it was.

Second, the problem is that the naming convention change causes bad data to load for the ascenders and descenders.. they're set up right in the font, but the Mac's reading issue gives bad data in these fields. It's a problem with the new updates with the Mac and NOT NECESSARILY indicative with any issue on a given font.

Didn't it seem odd to you that dozens of fonts on dafont just stopped being Mac friendly ALL AT ONCE, and from a variety of authors?

You're wrong here, Kat. Deal with it.

22/04/2015 às 15:10  [resposta]  Kraash Not working correctly in Word

Actually, Koeikat, I've looked into this issue. Apparently it's a Mac thing, caused by their changing the OpenType naming conventions on their own, resulting in some misreads of the font headers - screwing everything up. So I'm afraid that it's not these fonts and font authors that are the culprit... but Apple. The metrics in the fonts are set right, but Apple's change screw up the reads.

So you pretty much owe a shitload of people an apology.

Sadly, having researched this for koiekat's assault on me, it looks like Macs now have an incompatibility issue when bringing in certain fonts made on Windows machine, causing some serious issues. Still trying to find a workaround.

21/04/2015 às 22:03  [resposta]  Kraash Not working correctly in Word

Again, can you clarify 'it can never be usable on a Mac' into something meaningful and useful? You're apparently saying that a lot but are providing absolutely no insight as to WHY that is the case.

Not a font. This one is hand-drawn. (Not the differences between the two U's and two E's. There may be a font made from this somewhere, though, but it won't match exactly.

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 14:25

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato