Anúncio de Blackerning

Fórum

14 posts

Posts por jey

14/10/2010 às 16:56  [resposta]  Suggestion: Read and unread comments

Haha, this is awesome, thanks a lot

28/08/2010 às 02:52  [post inicial]  Suggestion: Read and unread comments

Hello!

I have some fonts that are around since some years, and I must admit I totally loose track of the number of comments they have. It can take me months before noticing a new comment on one of my older fonts. I only have 16 fonts and don't see some comments, I can't imagine those who have a hundred of them can track them.
That lead me to think they don't probably don't read them. That makes me sad and doesn't fit with my illusion that most people on the internet are nice and ride unicorns.

So I suggest some kind of new comment icon or something like that appears somewhere when you have a new comment on your fonts.

Thanks for reading

Editado em 28/08/2010 às 02:53 por jey

04/06/2010 às 19:23  [resposta]  comment créer une police

04/06/2010 às 19:22  [resposta]  Graphic designing classes and free fonts

Yeah I know, but the goal of graphic design classes is for the students to do commercial stuff one day. That's what I'm concerned about :/

12/05/2010 às 19:10  [resposta]  Please help me with the font I'm looking for

11/05/2010 às 23:48  [resposta]  50 Helpful Typography Tools And Resources

Haha, I've had the periodic table of fonts for months as a wallpaper, it's Awesome

09/05/2010 às 01:04  [resposta]  problemes de telechargement

J'ai déjà eut des problèmes similaires sur d'autres sites à cause d'une connexion internet plutôt mauvaise.

Essai avec un autre navigateur. Et en dernier recours, et surtout si tu rencontres ce problème ailleurs (par exemple des coupures dans tes logiciels de messagerie instantanée) essaie de contacter ton fai. (Personnellement la solution a été de changer mon routeur).

Si c'est seulement ici cependant je n'ai pas de solution.

09/05/2010 às 00:58  [resposta]  password for fonts

Thanks for writing in all caps, I have pretty bad view and might not have seen what you wrote otherwise. And each punctuation sign multiply my urge to help you by two.

Also, the program you use to extract the font is probably the problem, you don't need any password to open the files you download here. Try with another program, or try to download the files again.

06/05/2010 às 04:40  [post inicial]  Graphic designing classes and free fonts

I've never taken any designing class, so this topic is all about questions and suppositions.

First, I thought about that because one day, I saw a poster from a pretty big company (a bank, in fact) that was using one of my fonts. I was pretty sure they had never paid for it, and gave them a call.
They were really polite, and gave me no problems. They of course paid me, but something took my attention. The guy I was talking to said that he never thought he had to pay for fonts. He never did, and if I had not called, he'd never have.

Here's my point:
I'm pretty sure in classes teachers tell their students they have to pay for stock they use (pictures, etc.) but is anyone telling them that they must pay to use most fonts they freely downloaded ?

This is just a supposition I made, but I have a couple of other anecdotes that led me to think this.

But I live in a pretty small place, maybe it's different in bigger cities, or even other countries. But if I'm right, is there a way to inform future graphic designers of that ? I'd like to know if similar things happened to some of you, or if I'm just imagining things

tl;dr: I think nobody tell graphic designing students that they must pay for most free fonts.

16/04/2010 às 13:57  [resposta]  How long to wait?!

There usually are new fonts posted every months

Last ones were on 01/04/2010, so you should know if it gets accepted in May.

13/04/2010 às 01:11  [resposta]  colors

Maybe you could try to get informations about svg fonts.
I'm not sure, but if you have time to do your own research, I think they allow you to give colours to your characters.

It's documented ( http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/fonts.html ) but I've never seen one, so I've got no idea about how to do one, if anyone has ever done one, and if there's actually a simple way of using one. But that seems to be the only existing way to have a coloured font

13/04/2010 às 01:06  [resposta]  Félicitation pour le forum

Sympa le fait que la publicité de droite sur le forum soit des publicités des utilisateurs
J'adore la politique des publicités d'ailleurs, les pubs personnalisées, les dons, et maintenant google adsense, je n'ai jamais vu ça ailleurs, chapeau vraiment !

13/04/2010 às 01:01  [post inicial]  Banque très complete de polices et leurs auteurs

http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/fonts.html
Il s'agit là d'une banque très surprenante. Depuis plusieurs années, j'ai remarqué qu'à l'intérieur d'une semaine, si j'avais créé une nouvelle font, elle y était listée (avant même les updates sur dafont, dès que je post à quelque part, par exemple deviantart, en quelques jours je la vois apparaître. Les typescenes par pays sont particulièrement intéressantes.

J'ai même pris l'habitude, lorsque je recherche l'auteur original d'une police, de faite une recherche site:http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/ sur google. Il liste même les auteurs à l'intérieur d'une boîte, ainsi, plutôt que d'avoir simplement "apostrophic labs" en tant qu'auteur d'une police, comme ici, il va jusqu'à liste les designers ayant travaillé pour la boîte, en précisant les polices qu'ils ont faite pendant qu'ils y travaillaient.

C'est très intéressant, quelques légères erreurs (fautes de frappes par exemple) mais il semble tracer les polices autant commerciales que gratuites ainsi que leurs auteurs depuis très longtemps.

Bref, très utile couplé avec google, bien que j'ignore totalement quelle est son utilité première, car il y a énormément d'effort à mettre pour tenir une banque si complète et si à jour.

13/04/2010 às 00:49  [resposta]  pas très clair...

Les polices étant toutes faites par des auteurs différents, il faut lire le read-me s'il y en a un, lire les termes d'utilisation sur le site de l'auteur s'il y a lieu, et sinon contacter l'auteur.
Ce qui est écrit sur dafont peut servir de guide (et est généralement juste si l'auteur lui-même a envoyé la police) mais chacune d'entre elle peut avoir des conditions particulière, étant chacune faites par différents auteurs, il faut bien faire attention

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 16:19

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato