Anúncio de ndro

Fórum

10 posts

font submission

03/11/2021 às 18:49

Hello

i submitted a font since several days and since now it is not online,so i was asking if it was accepted because there was several fonts which was put like''White Dream'' etc and not mine so i got other fonts to put but if they will be put online new year better to tell me so that i put them elsewhere please?Thanks

03/11/2021 às 22:10

https://www.dafont.com/forum/read/486539/how-long-font-uploading?highlight=1035566#1035566

You might try using the Search function before asking this type of question.

04/11/2021 às 05:42

Hello
Thanks for your return.I think it is just a joke to say that it takes 6 month to upload a font let me tell you why because the font ''White Dream'' was modified on the 31 st of October 2021 it is in the zip file so now the font was put online the next day on the 1st of November if you can explain this to me i will understand and wait for my turn .Thanks again for your return

07/11/2021 às 12:49

Cat.B disse  
Hello
Thanks for your return.I think it is just a joke to say that it takes 6 month to upload a font let me tell you why because the font ''White Dream'' was modified on the 31 st of October 2021 it is in the zip file so now the font was put online the next day on the 1st of November if you can explain this to me i will understand and wait for my turn .Thanks again for your return

Possibly because Mans Greback, author of White Dream, has almost 50 million more downloads than any other author hosted on dafont. White Dream was approved by Rodolphe himself, rather than one of his staff.

@Cat.B: I like your work.

08/11/2021 às 04:49

Hello Meta.How are you.It is is just so sad to hear this from you ''[possibly because Mans is the author of 50 millioms downloads?
In this this case our fonts dont mean anything to Dafont see that Mans is so important?SO i think that we dont need to work anymore so hard to put our font there that's it?because we will be always after him this is the master and who cares what we do or think please can you tell me?Thanks

08/11/2021 às 14:37

CatB, Mans has demonstrated that he knows how to make fonts properly, (glyph placement, kerning, ascenders/ descenders, etc), and he generates a lot of traffic on this site. My post in #5 was purely speculation, but Rodolphe himself only approves a small percentage of the font submissions, (including some of yours).

I have no idea how many fonts are submitted to dafont, nor how many of them are not approved for one or more reasons; this question hasn't been answered yet in the moderators forum. For font authors who are new to type design or unknown to the dafont staff, extra time is needed to determine if their submission has been properly rendered technically, and also to ensure that it is not a knock off of an existing font. Those are common on deviantart dot com; someone takes an existing font, and just changes the internal file name, or they make slight alterations to an existing font, and try to pass it off as an original design.

~bobistheowl

Editado em 08/11/2021 às 16:22 por metaphasebrothel

08/11/2021 às 15:59

Hello again.

Why you are you always talking pf Mans please?It is not him the problem.I am not saying that he is not a good fonter and for me his may be the best or may be not?It is not easy to make font i think you already know that.I am just saying that everybody deserve the same chance becasuse everybody make that Dafont works every fonter generate traffic on dafont.It is like a football team even if there is better player than others but all the team must work together to win because only one player can play a match.We are Dafont us fonters everyone of us.You know it is not just a hobby for some fonters because it is just there work there way to have money to eat do you understand this? So why anybody can be better than me or Mans or any other great fonters everybody must have the chance to grow.I am not ok of this way of thinking not ok at all.You know it just disgusting.I believe in what i do and what i see and i know that there are great people working on Dafont not only one person.When you take a look many other people is asking why my font is not online?delete my account etc .Don't you think there is a problem somewhere?I don't kow if you understand but i am not angry but sad of what is going on.That's all i have to say and it does not give me the desire to continue because is nit fair at all.Thanks

08/11/2021 às 16:30

@Cat.B: As mentioned in #7, my response in #5 is pure speculation. It's just a logical reason why a Mans Greback font MIGHT have been approved prior to some submitted earlier than his, and the primary reason I suggested is because it takes less time to review his submissions. You mentioned his font in post #2, that's the only reason why I used him as an example.

08/11/2021 às 16:45

Ok if you say are saying ok.Anyway i am bored of all this i am sorry to say this but it is the case and thanks to have take your time to reply to my questions......

15/11/2021 às 05:39

I just want to say that I am sympathetic to Cat.B and am also frustrated with the way dafont is handling things.... I wish there was more transparency or information from dafont about the approval process since it's clear that some fonts are approved very quickly and some take months to be approved. I also think that certain things could be a lot more efficient or sensible like simply adding a list of uploads to our user pages so we can keep track of fonts we've already uploaded (especially since the people at dafont repeatedly say that repeat uploads slow down your process somehow)

Overall it seems like dafont has a very inefficient process that is not transparent at all and is quite frustrating when you are a designer trying to simply put their work out there and get a tiny bit of ad revenue or recognition from our work, I do appreciate the platform that dafont provides which is why I upload my fonts here but overall I wish things were more clear and better run

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 21:56

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato