Forum

6 posts

Failed uploads - need some help

Jan 06, 2020 at 05:12

Hi there,

I am struggling to upload fonts several times and it's like looking for the needle in a haystack.

Most fonts were rejected because of vertical metrics issues, while others have been approved successfully. I tried to fill the metrics with the same strategy like the approved ones.

This time my new font "Lovebeat" was rejected because of kerning issues. The only thing which I found, that maybe too many kern pairs are included because I exported a limited glyph set (and a few visual issues as well). But this doesn't seem to me like a serious upload problem. I just uploaded a new version, but maybe you can provide some more specific information, too?

At least the vertical metrics seem to be okay this time. If yes, then I finally know about that problem.

Thanks a lot in advance (and happy new year)!
Anita

Edited on Jan 06, 2020 at 05:13 by Anita Jürgeleit

Jan 06, 2020 at 07:17

Hi,

The problem with your Lovebeat font is that the kerning can't be displayed properly here so it creates this huge gap between the letters "ove". That's the only reason it's been rejected. One way to fix this would be to create a glyph with the name of the font. It can be any glyph with a Unicode value. Some people use the Private Use Area, some people prefer an unused glyph in the punctuation area.

Concerning the metrics problem it seems like you fixed it every time it was noticed.

Sorry about these issues.

Jan 06, 2020 at 12:23

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. I uploaded Lovebeat again with such a glyph. I will then reupload Cosima and Famosa, too because the upload then probably drowned within all the new fonts.

Thanks again!

Jan 06, 2020 at 20:59

Hello again,

Lovebeat was rejected again. But I did as you told me: I created a glyph with the name of the font on exclamdown U00A1.
Should I include an description txt file to tell you about it by uploading? What should I do better?

Jan 06, 2020 at 21:19

Anita Jürgeleit said  
Hello again,

Lovebeat was rejected again. But I did as you told me: I created a glyph with the name of the font on exclamdown U00A1.
Should I include an description txt file to tell you about it by uploading? What should I do better?

Sorry I didn't see the U00A1 glyph, please ignore the rejection mail.

Jan 07, 2020 at 13:43

Thanks a lot! <3

I also reuploaded Famosa.

All times are CEST. The time is now 05:22

Privacy Policy  -  Contact