Ad by graptail

Forum

3 posts

Any "Graphic Design Tools & Elements" Inspired Fonts?

Jan 06, 2019 at 08:09

I've been scouring the internet for fonts relating to design. I found a few that come close, but nothing worth writing home about.
I'm wondering if you know of any fonts that incorporate *some* element of graphic design - like any of the tools in Photoshop/Illustrator, pen tool, various mouse pointers like the crosshair selector, grids, etc. - but not just glyphs of the individual items, I'm curious if there are any existing fonts that have *incorporated* any kind of design elements or tools like that.

Essentially, I'm looking for a font that screams: "This is clearly about Graphic Design!"
Any suggestions at all would be mucho appreciado! <3

Thanks for inquiring,
- Tracey

Feb 14, 2019 at 01:28

Hi! I understand that everyone has their own idea about " This is clearly about Graphic Design!". But I can offer to look for free fonts for photoshop. Look here, http://fixthephoto.com/free-photography-fonts-for-photoshop I've found some good options for myself

Edited on Feb 15, 2019 at 13:23 by Inkerz

Feb 22, 2019 at 04:44

Thanks Inkerz, there are quite a few fonts I really like following that link, but nothing with graphic design elements.

I guess a good example of what I'm looking for is typography that actually incorporates design tools in them (drafting tools, measurement tools, writing instruments, & other digital tool symbols like crosshairs, magnifying glass, stamp, hand, etc.)

I'm not sure that I stated that in a clear way in my original post. But yeah, **fonts with design tools and elements making up the actual letters and symbols themselves** is what I'm specifically wondering about. You'd think that something like that would already exist, I'm quite surprised it doesn't since typographists are designers themselves and make similar work to what I'm describing.

All times are CEST. The time is now 02:49

Privacy Policy  -  Contact