Ad by viper1978

Forum

6 posts

Advanced search? (View fonts by category AND date?)

Feb 05, 2017 at 14:03

Hi guys,

I regularly visit this wonderful site and I'm always keen to see what new fonts have been added since I last visited.

But the only way to see new fonts is to click on "New Fonts", which brings up a huge list of all the latest fonts, all jumbled up by category, with no priority given to popularity. It's not at all useful.

What I want is to be able to create an advanced search, specifying:
1. Date since I last visited
2. Particular category I'm interested in
3. Order by popularity

Is there any way to do this? If not, how could I submit this as a feature request?

Surely there must be a better way for regular visitors to see what's new in a particular category?

Feb 06, 2017 at 10:17

Lee Hart said  

The date of each update is written.

Feb 07, 2017 at 16:22

Menhir said  
Lee Hart said  

The date of each update is written.

Sure but let's say I just want to see a summary of the best new cartoon fonts since I last checked 6 months ago. Currently, I would have to look through thousands of fonts going back 6 months, carefully picking out the cartoon ones, and I would have no indication of popularity.

With a custom search I could instantly see the most popular cartoon fonts added in the last 6 months.

Edited on Feb 07, 2017 at 16:22 by Lee Hart

Feb 07, 2017 at 16:34

If you're only interested in seeing the latest fonts in one particular category, you can sort them by date like this. This way, you won't need to go through thousands of fonts. Of course, you still have no indication of popularity, but it might be an alternative solution for you.

Feb 07, 2017 at 19:17

frd said  
If you're only interested in seeing the latest fonts in one particular category, you can sort them by date like this.

Thank you, but the fonts don't show their date so I have no idea how far down to scroll before I'm seeing fonts I've seen before?

I'd also like to see the highlights of what's new since I last visited the site. Isn't that something everyone would like to be able to see?

Mar 03, 2017 at 18:39

Le me re-state the two big problems I have:

1. There's no way to see all the most popular fonts added since you last visited.
2. There's no way to see all the fonts of one category (e.g. Comic) added since you last visited.

An advanced search would solve this. Does anyone know a way I can contact the site's author to request this?

All times are CEST. The time is now 04:05

Privacy Policy  -  Contact