Forum

5 posts

TURN: Washington's Spies

Jul 14, 2016 at 08:44

Started watching the show out of pure interest, fell in love with this font that's used for establishing a location in the show. If you know, then let me know.

It doesn't have to be exact, it can be something similar to this font. Thank you.

I've captioned a better example of this font to see if this will help make things easier for identifying.

TURN: Washington's Spies

Edited 3 times. Last edit on May 30, 2018 at 17:15 by frd

Suggested font

English  Suggested by tomthumb 

May 30, 2018 at 16:44

Amazingly your post was the only one I could find when I google searched this topic, as I have been hooked on this show as of late and it has sparked my interest in calligraphy and my desire to emulate this style of writing. Hoping this will bump up the question and somebody can answer it! If no answer, I may just go ahead and teach myself copperplate, a common hand in the 18th century.

May 30, 2018 at 17:10

I know it isn't exact, but i thought this could be similar with some adjustments
Suggested font: English

May 30, 2018 at 19:13

May 30, 2018 at 19:44

Otaku, if you could re-post your original exemplar too, I'm seeing similarities with some of the Three Island Press fonts claudeserieux linked to, and the aforementioned copperplate/roundhand variations. Going blind trying to match these up!!! I can't believe I've wasted the better part of the day researching fonts, lol. Thanks for suggestion tom thumb.

All times are CEST. The time is now 01:46

Privacy Policy  -  Contact