Ad by fthafm



18 posts

Calligraphic cursive script

Oct 13, 2011 at 16:17

This font is found on U.S. Military Discharge certificates.

Similar to Kuenstler, Palace, English, and many others in
the "script" families but note the breaks in the ascender/
decenders and no crossed "T"s as well as the looped lower
case(h) and (f), the lower case(l)is looped also. Almost
looks like it was written by hand in Pen & Ink with a
chisel pen tip/nib.

Actually, I tend to believe that this typeface comes from the
old "letterpress" lead type that was once set by hand. Since
the government is still utilizing this particular typface, I
would assume a digital font must now exist as I don't think
the government would be still setting type by hand these days.

Anyone know the name and where I might find a download for
this particular typeface? The correct name is most important
as I can always research online myself for a possible D/L.


Calligraphic cursive script

Edited 4 times. Last edit on Oct 13, 2011 at 20:11 by aurealeus

This is most probably not a font

Oct 31, 2011 at 14:46


Oct 31, 2011 at 14:48

Oct 31, 2011 at 15:50

Oct 31, 2011 at 18:14

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:06

Thank you. This basicly the same font I submitted. What I am looking for is the name.

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:08

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Oct 31, 2011 at 21:08 by rocamaco

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:14

aurealeus said  
Thank you. This basicly the same font I submitted. What I am looking for is the name.

It is not a font.

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:24

claudeserieux said  
It is not a font.

We know Claude, we know. But the thing is, aurealeus wants to know the name of the font that is not a font ...

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:25

Excuse me, I meant typeface. I'm looking for the name of the typface and thank you for your response.

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:27

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:36

It is not a type aurealeus. It is caligraphy once used to make a plate. Remember letterpress? Still used for thingies you're talking about.
So could not possibly be a font. Remember what a font actually is? I mean before the software techies took over type?

Oct 31, 2011 at 21:57

Oct 31, 2011 at 22:15

Nov 01, 2011 at 00:38

Un autre exemple du les 3 e sont différents.

Edited on Nov 01, 2011 at 02:01 by claudeserieux

Nov 01, 2011 at 13:27

Thank you all for your responses. As koeiekat stated, I am looking for the name of this particular typeface, in hope that there might be a digital font download available somewhere out there in typography land. Just to clarify my request, I understand that the scripted calligraphic face was created by hand generations ago, most likely with pen and ink and used most commonly in letterpress printing process on government/military certificates. Since new digital technologies have recently replaced hand drawn and movable type into digital formats (known as "Fonts,") I'm hoping and assuming that that this particular typeface has also been created as a digital font since the typeface is still being used on government/military documents, created by modern printing processes... and because the government utilizes numerous printing (vendors) companies, I'm assuming that not all would have access to the metal plate originally utilized and so a digital font might now possibly exist.

Edited on Nov 08, 2011 at 16:50 by aurealeus

Nov 01, 2011 at 15:23

The Government has the rights to this script.

Nov 08, 2011 at 16:52

I can remember this font in my typecase when I took letterpress printing in Jr. High School and have seen it used on wedding invitations, etc., so apparently the government does not have the rights to this typeface.


All times are CEST. The time is now 23:59

Privacy Policy  -  Contact