Anuncio de adilbudianto

Foro

12 posts

Installing fonts on a machine outside of C://?

18/03/2013 a las 03:54

I like to work sometimes at my school and I need to use some fonts that aren't on the machines here. Unfortunately the C:// has restricted access and I am unable to install any new fonts on there without admin permission.
Is there any way to use some other drive to read fonts?

18/03/2013 a las 08:59

Copy the fonts you want to use to a USB memory or so. When at school before you start any application double-click on the fonts to open them and then minimize. The fonts are now available to most applications until you close them.

18/03/2013 a las 09:26

koeiekat ha dicho  
Copy the fonts you want to use to a USB memory or so. When at school before you start any application double-click on the fonts to open them and then minimize. The fonts are now available to most applications until you close them.

Only on Windows versions prior to Windows 7 or Windows 8

18/03/2013 a las 09:54

Then hopefully the PCs at school are old ones

18/03/2013 a las 09:56

That's highly probable

18/03/2013 a las 10:04

Yet, there is always a way out

18/03/2013 a las 12:24

boot on your own system on a live usb key

18/03/2013 a las 13:20

Would the school Admin allow changes in the boot sequence

18/03/2013 a las 13:44

don't know.
sometimes, admins don't know what they do.

Go to the nearest hi-tech shop.
Try to change the BIOS password on the first computer you meet.
I'm sure you can brick it...

18/03/2013 a las 14:17

I think I would prefer the Hungarian solution

19/03/2013 a las 17:11

Akyde ha dicho  

I like to work sometimes at my school and I need to use some fonts that aren't on the machines here. Unfortunately the C:// has restricted access and I am unable to install any new fonts on there without admin permission.

You could embed the font in an MS Word document on a computer that doesn't have installation restrictions, attach the document to an e-mail addressed to yourself, then open the e-mail and download the attachment at the school. This assumes that the font(s) you want to use allow embedding. You can only embed one font per document.

I wrote a tutorial on embedding in post #7 of this thread: http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/78124/why-won-t-this-font-work-when-i-try-to-make-it-bold

20/03/2013 a las 01:03

metaphasebrothel ha dicho  
Akyde ha dicho  

You could embed the font in an MS Word document on a computer that doesn't have installation restrictions, attach the document to an e-mail addressed to yourself, then open the e-mail and download the attachment at the school. This assumes that the font(s) you want to use allow embedding. You can only embed one font per document.

I wrote a tutorial on embedding in post #7 of this thread: http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/78124/why-won-t-this-font-work-when-i-try-to-make-it-bold

I should have said before that I wanted to use the fonts in Photoshop instead of word. Do you know of any embedding mwthods similar to that?

Thanks for telling me though. Pretty useful

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 22:05

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto