Anzeige von andfelcaslop

Forum

6 posts

Posts von Zeror

06.11.2014 um 00:53  [Antwort]  Idea for DaFont: Font Paragraph View

explogos.com sagte  
Reading the replies, I have the sense we might have different interpretations of what is being suggested here.

My understanding is this:

Click the dafont banner, then filter by sans serif fonts - you'll end up here - http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501. The default setting for the 'Preview' mode is blank, but visitors can customise this single-line field in order to compare how all the listed fonts display their preferred text sample. I thought the OP was essentially suggesting this single line 'Preview' mode be expanded to allow users to paste passages of text, enabling them to visualise and compare both horizontal and vertical spacing in listed font, which would help chose the most appropriate font for a given project.

If this is what the OP has in mind, I can't see a downside.

That's exactly what i had in mind. But it doesn't have to be necessarily on the font list of a category (that link you posted). It could be on the selected font page instead or on both the list or individual font page.

05.11.2014 um 11:19  [Antwort]  Idea for DaFont: Font Paragraph View

daaams sagte  
metaphasebrothel sagte  
Or, since all of the fonts are free to download, you could just download and install them, and do that in a text document yourself. Type the text, name and save it, then change the font and point size. Le voila.

Et voilà
What you're telling him to do is not really handy, wastes a lot of time, a lot of bandwidth,...

Yes, it would save a lot of time searching for the right font for textwalls. Download each font to check it out is too much time consuming.

Oh, and with the internet of nowadays bandwidth shouldn't be a problem in most countries. But that's a total different discussion.

04.11.2014 um 13:50  [Antwort]  Idea for DaFont: Font Paragraph View

explogos.com sagte  
Are you talking about somehow integrating your idea within dafont, essentially expanding upon the current preview option? If so, I think it would be great.

Yes, i do.
I hope the DaFont webmaster found this useful and will consider to develop it into the Dafont website.

04.11.2014 um 10:58  [Antwort]  Idea for DaFont: Font Paragraph View

I was talking about that text preview thing, because that system/technique is usable for this idea as well.

04.11.2014 um 10:40  [Antwort]  Idea for DaFont: Font Paragraph View

daaams sagte  
Zeror sagte  
You can set up your own text to search for the right font. That's very handy.
What do you think?

Got the paragraph thing, but i don't understand what you're talking about here.

I was meaning that text preview thingy.

04.11.2014 um 10:15  [Ausgangseintrag]  Idea for DaFont: Font Paragraph View

I got this idea for the Dafont website fontbrowser.

You can set up your own text to search for the right font (text preview). That's very handy.

I would like to suggest another idea to this. I call it Paragraph View.

This could be very helpful to find fonts needed for huge walls of text for in books or magazines. Just to show the font in a basic paragraph, a block of text, containing all characters and special characters. Or you could use a Lorem Ipsum paragraph. I think the best location on the site would be on the font-page itself (when you click on a font to view it). There can be a button to toggle this view.

What do you think?

Bearbeitet 2 mal. Zuletzt bearbeitet am 04.11.2014 um 13:51 von Zeror

Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 19:45

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt