Anzeige von vast

Forum

49 posts

Posts von Ikos

I guess what i need to do is create another set using only the central sections and then type in white and apply a black stroke.

Forgive me if im mistaken, maybe its just not possible and im a little confused. My apologies if that's the case.

I'm just looking at some other fonts in Photoshop and trying them on a black background and they are indeed as you suggest just black without a white fill.

Maybe its just my misconceptions about what is possible

Bearbeitet 2 mal. Zuletzt bearbeitet am 09.09.2012 um 17:27 von Ikos

drf_ sagte  
Hum, if I understand well, you want to automatically fill letters with white while the contour is black ? As far as I know, that's not possible...

Thank you for giving it some thought. I have many fonts with a black outline and a white fill so i feel it must be possible.

The search continues. Many thanks again.

claudeserieux sagte  
Select the contour and make 'parellel contour'.

Now i just have....

If we can make that central fill white we have a winner. Thanks for your continued help.

Not sure this will give you any more information than you all ready have but as requested....

claudeserieux sagte  
Screenshot of the glyph window in Fontlab

Ok will do.

Hey Claude, thank you for the idea. I just tried it but it seems to have just filled the gaps in black

Close but no cigar. Thank you though.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Here's what i currently have....

Here's what im trying to achieve....

So what im looking to do is simply fill the black outline with a white interior.

09.09.2012 um 14:48  [Ausgangseintrag]  Outline/Filled Font Creation Help please

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well. This is my first post, im here to ask for your help. I have created a font using the following process....

1: Initial design in Photoshop to carve out the basic structure of the letters.

2: Opened each letter individually in ScanFont and saved them as a vfb file.

3: Imported each vfb letter file individually into FontLab and placed them in the corresponding field.

4: Generated font and exported as TrueType font file. All good so far!

However, upon testing the font in Photoshop its become apparent that the font is just a black outline and the interiors of the font (Which i was hoping to be white) were absent.

The font im working on is structurally similar to this example - http://www.dafont.com/wide-awake.font - Black outline, white fill is what im trying to achieve.

I have searched high and low and cant figure out what im doing wrong. Would any of you good people be kind enough to guide a budding typographer please?

I'm looking forward to getting it finished and submitting my first ever font to Dafont.

Many thanks in advance.

Ikos

Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 18:28

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt