Anzeige von CudEastbound

Forum

6 posts

Some fonts showing the bold/bold italic variants separately from the regular/italic variants in drop-down menu

05.06.2011 um 01:05

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but on my computer, some fonts (Adobe Garamond Pro and Adobe Caslon Pro) are displaying the bold variant of the font as a separate selection on the dropdown menu in Microsoft Word and other programs. This can be really annoying, instead of just doing ctrl+b to get bold, I have to go the the drop-down and select a separate font. Does anyone know how to fix this or combine them into just one selection like all the other fonts? Or is this done intentionally for some reason?

08.06.2011 um 20:14

It depends on fonts and program you use. A normal/regular font can be semi bolded with CTRL+B, fonts that are already in bold cannot be semibolded with CTRL+B, i.e. Adobe Garamond you're trying to use. Adobe Garamond Bold is heavy bolded by default. Check it by yourself
And of course it depends on program. i.e. Adobe Photoshop group almost all fonts by name (Adobe Garamond), and then in other option you select "regular", "bold", etc.

22.07.2011 um 06:11

Here's what my problem is. This is a screenshot from Microsoft Word.

22.07.2011 um 09:54

You don't have a problem ... you are experiencing the magic of open type. Nah ... a bit of it.

08.08.2011 um 01:38

Mine does the same thing. I don't think you have a problem either.

08.08.2011 um 05:14

Meaning that Open Type fonts do not group into families in the way that True Type fonts do. Taht's why you see all the variations in the drop list.

Alle Zeitangaben sind CET. Es ist jetzt 19:50

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt