Forum

13,712 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by koeiekat

Got your thingie Pattiji: Sketchtools. Will take a short while before you can download it. Depends on how busy Alex is.

Edit kk
Alex was not very busy. Ready for download Pattiji ...

Suggested font: Sketchtools

Edited on Jul 16, 2010 at 21:00 by koeiekat

Probably not exactly what you are looking for.

Suggested font: In my yard

Jul 16, 2010 at 09:49  [reply]  Thinkstock

Alternate T

Jul 15, 2010 at 09:17  [reply]  whats the font plz ?

Suggested font: Optima

@ tophy, don't worry, I know the difference between type, face and font. From vinz post I understood that the French police is a type (Garamond est une police de caractères / Garamond is a [letter]type, which is the correct way to phrase it). Have not understood what is French for typeface (face of a type) what is exactly what most people here and there ask for. For imho italic is not the same as oblique (right-slanted), book, roman or extra bold extended (faces).

@ Jason,

@ Vinz
When I was still young and ignorant I used this definition: 'a font is a size of a face of a type'.

@ Jason
'don't not' ... double negative, like -1 times -1

Identified font: Dark Crystal Script

Jul 14, 2010 at 08:59  [reply]  font upload

Upload = Submit.

Edited on Jul 14, 2010 at 09:00 by koeiekat

OK Kyousuke. It was just the confusion about the police ... If you name a typeface 'police' how do you name an allcaps? Marines? Special Forces? ...

No patience or maybe a bit upset about the police brutality ... who knows. Or maybe she doesn't understand that it takes time to dig tens of thousands of fonts to try to find that thingie.
Anyway, I have looked at some 30.000 now to find it with no result. More than that number to go ... but not anymore I understand.

Jul 13, 2010 at 13:35  [reply]  Help !

Alan Meeks designed the Candice typeface in 1976. A groovy swirl of a font, Candice looks like an ice cream sundae topped with whipped cream. Candice is often seen on album covers, and has come to be associated with innumerable party hits from the 1970s. One thing is for sure: Candice is a child of it's times - flashy, lively, and fun!

Apply -40 negative kerning, -60 for the first o, stretch the result horizontally to 120% and Bingo!

There are quite some Candice variations around, a few are: PT Banana Split, FZ Jazzy 49, Cherry, URWCippusD, Dolphins, ...

Jul 12, 2010 at 21:02  [reply]  What is this font ? Thanks

Gladly done seraffin and, see, a pict helps

pity, thought I finally located the font police. alas ...

So FontFont is the font police?

Can someone translate this please? What has the police to do with this?

@ cndhoffman
With the Alphawood as is there are only limited ways to workaround your problem. The nice one is to NOT to embed the font in the pdf but to make the font available with the pdf and instruct the pdf user to open or install the font before opening the pdf. This sounds simple and it is simple but far from idiot proof. About 99.99% of the people that you send the files to will not understand what to do or simply ignore it. So the nice way will almost guaranteed not work.
Rests the not-so-nice way, dasklem's vectorizing suggestion - which can be done with a short text but is not producing the best quality.

Strange though that Miss Claude set restricted license embedding in a free font ...

Edited 3 times. Last edit on Jul 12, 2010 at 10:34 by koeiekat

Jul 09, 2010 at 23:03  [reply]  Some fonts crashing Windows Explorer

No clue, they open and install OK under Vista this side.

Jul 09, 2010 at 21:02  [reply]  Some fonts crashing Windows Explorer

Does this happen with 'older' fonts only or also with 'newer' fonts?
Older meaning fonts made before say 2000. If so, the problem may be in the naming section of the font. Quite some older fonts - specially the freebees - don't have the unique font identifier included, which was 'fine' up to Win98 but XP already had problems with those and Vista is even more critical about this.

Edited on Jul 09, 2010 at 21:03 by koeiekat

Jul 09, 2010 at 18:40  [reply]  What is this font ? Thanks

Identified font: Bickley Script

All times are CEST. The time is now 22:01

Privacy Policy  -  Contact