Anuncio de firstype

Foro

5 posts

TTF to OTF Outline Problem / Font Naming Problem

07/01/2011 a las 06:15

I made a font in illustrator, converted it to a font with fontcreator and usually use fontlab to export it as an OTF but this time the paths appear to be messed up or something in the TTF so when it's converted some letters are outlined and messed up.

Here is what the characters look like in FontCreator

Additionally I have 2 identical fonts, one with and one without textures. I am trying to make one appear into the subcategory menu on programs like photoshop. I have a clean and textured version (both named the same name but with different titles) so basically... I am trying to make it like this (below)..

Anyways, this is what happens right now.. Along with when I open the font file (just previewing it using the default font viewer) it shows only one of the fonts at a time and it only displays one font in the menu like the picture below.

Anyone know what I can do?

Editado 3 veces. Última edición el 07/01/2011 a las 06:19 por Andrew2

07/01/2011 a las 09:45

For the OTF issues, before importing glyphes in FontCreator, make a fusion pathfinder on your letters. These holes appears because you have overlapping path.

Editado el 07/01/2011 a las 09:46 por vinz

07/01/2011 a las 09:49

For the Menu issue, try to have a look in the font informations before exporting. I don't know fontcreator, but in fontlab there is a "font properties" sub menu to set up font names and family. Try to dig this way

07/01/2011 a las 13:16

Andrew2 ha dicho  
... when it's converted some letters are outlined and messed up.

Here is what the characters look like in FontCreator

No wonder with so many overlapping contours. So first get Union of contours for your glyphs.

09/01/2011 a las 05:31

Figured it out, thanks for the help you two.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 08:33

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto