Anúncio de TierSchule

Fórum

3 posts

Not downloading correctly?

24/12/2012 às 18:12

After pushing download, it opens it to adobe reader, and says that it cannot open properly. After unzipping the file, it saves it to windows multimedia player and then says it cannot 'play' or open the file. How to I get past that so i can put it in my fonts file?

24/12/2012 às 20:59

Your file association settings are a mess. Zip shall not open with Acrobat and ttf / otf have nothing to do with media player.

24/12/2012 às 21:38

valerieelovee disse  
Not downloading correctly?

After pushing download, it opens it to adobe reader, and says that it cannot open properly. After unzipping the file, it saves it to windows multimedia player and then says it cannot 'play' or open the file. How to I get past that so i can put it in my fonts file?

valerieelovee, I agree with The Kat. I'm not familiar with Windows Vista, but in XP what you would do is:

1) Download the file.

2) Right-Click the file, and select 'open with' from the menu.

3) Select 'Choose Program...' from the menu, even if the program you want to use to open the file is showing in the menu. This will open the "Open With" dialog box.

4) In the "Open With" dialog box, select your archive program, (Winrar? 7z? WinZip? - preferably one of the first two), then check the box at the bottom for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then click the OK button to confirm the change, and close the dialog box.

The procedure with Vista should be similar, but not necessarily exactly the same. Interpret "Always" in step 4 as 'Always, until you want to use a different program as the standard app to open the file type (ie: the 'default' setting). If you had selected the program from the menu in step 3, the current .zip file would open properly, but your problem would reappear the next time you open a .zip. It's the same thing as if you want JPEG files to open with PhotoShop, instead of Illustrator, MS Paint, Irfanview, Windows picture and fax viewer, etc.

kk

Editado em 24/12/2012 às 21:47 por koeiekat

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 02:46

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato