Pubblicità di ablaze

Forum

10 posts

Posts di Sethan

28/05/2010 alle 23:48  [risposta]  open type

metaphasebrothel ha detto  
Most of my fonts are too complex for .otf, and when they can be produced, they are almost always markedly inferior.
Those aren't font's imo :s

27/05/2010 alle 02:22  [risposta]  new font

You need to make a font file and that means you need a proper font creating program. Fontcreator is cheap and does the job - though not as well as more expensive programs.
I am making a font at the moment. I have been working on it since the middle of March and it is going to be another couple of months before it's ready.
Caslon Pro took two professionals about 2 years to create. Other fonts I've read about have been as long as 14 years in the making.

08/05/2010 alle 19:11  [post iniziale]  Removing a font.

How do I remove a font from the dafont website?

06/05/2010 alle 10:50  [risposta]  What makes a font popular?

Rough typewriter is gorgeous. And maybe you based it on a font that someone spent longer than a weekend making?

05/05/2010 alle 10:56  [risposta]  What makes a font popular?

I guess it's called the X factor because it can't be quantified. I don't think kerning is the most important thing as most of the fonts here would be used for small amounts of text where kerning would be done by hand anyway.
For me, if I see a font I like, it gives me a nice warm feeling inside and a little flutter of exitement, like when you suddenly come across a beautiful sunset. There's something about the balance, the flow of the letters, their unity, the patterns they make together. And with so many fonts around these days, there has to be something that surprises but works, something a litte bit unusual.

26/04/2010 alle 11:27  [risposta]  WorldWide Font Project (WWFP)

Thanks for that link, meta, I love the A's and the lower case g. Looks like each designer has done both upper and lower case of a letter, which may not be a bad idea as there doesn't seem to be 109 users worth of interest here!

24/04/2010 alle 21:33  [risposta]  How do you make fonts?

He he! I like the 'almost'!

20/04/2010 alle 15:50  [risposta]  WorldWide Font Project (WWFP)

Sethan = Letter "S" please.
I am in Shrewsbury in the UK.
Fantastic idea - love it.
What's the deadline?

19/04/2010 alle 22:25  [risposta]  Number of characters

Thank you, Damien, that sounds like excellent advice.

19/04/2010 alle 15:57  [post iniziale]  Number of characters

Hi,
I have just joined this site and am amazed at how helpful everyone seems to be so I thought I'd ask - what would be a general guideline for how many characters I should include in a new font. I have done all of the standard keyboard characters, but am wondering about the ligatures and whatnot?
Thanks,
Sethan

Fuso orario: CEST. Ora sono le 03:02

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti