Pubblicità di krraaa

Forum

7 posts

need help ASAP--cannot get SNIPER font to embed in a Microsoft 7 (PowerPoint 2010)

20/03/2013 alle 02:13

the message I get says LICENSE RESTRICTION. this is only a high school PowerPoint presentation. my daughter has spent hours on it and now we can't get the disc to burn to turn into her teacher. if fonts can't be embedded, why didn't anyone say so in the first place??? how do we get this to work. I can't get the designer to respond either by email or Facebook message.

please, we need help. this is due Thursday!! :-)

20/03/2013 alle 09:58

Most if not all of Billy Argel's fonts have restricted license embedding rights which implies that the fonts can not be embedded in documents. To be able to properly see a document that uses a font that can not be embedded, like your daughters, the font must be installed (permanently or temporary) on the computer where the document will be opened and/or printed.
As we have learned from from many posts on this forum, Billy Argel tends to not to respond to attempts to contact him, alas.
A quick whois look-up for billyargel.com ( http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=BillyArgel.com ) tells that the domain owner, administrator and technical contact is one and the same person, Jan Schnurle in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Jan's e-mail address and telephone number are in the whois info so that may be a way to contact him. Success, however, is not guaranteed. And even then it is doubtful whether you will have an embeddable version before Thursday.

So there is only one legal way to show the presentation using the Sniper and that is using a PC with the font permanently or temporary installed. Up to Windows Vista a temporary install was possible by just opening the font and minimizing the preview window and thereafter starting starting the application, in this case PowerPoint. If the computer at school runs under Windows 7 or 8 (which I doubt but is possible) a legal way-out could be that your daughter uses her own laptop to show the presentation.

A not so legal way-out is to (have someone) change the embedding rights of the Sniper font to editable or print and preview embedding. Then first uninstall the current version, shut down the computer, start-up again (do not restart) and then install the modified version. Then open the presentation and save with the Sniper embedded.

20/03/2013 alle 12:40

how would I find a someone to do the last item? we have no way of installing the font into someone else's computer, and the rules say that you must provide a zip drive or CD. this is a one-shot thing.

Modificato su 20/03/2013 alle 12:41 da cmesk82

20/03/2013 alle 14:37

a zip drive ... like the zip drives from the 90's ?!

20/03/2013 alle 15:19

a CD... like the CD from the 90's ?!

20/03/2013 alle 15:52

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support to help my daughter . . . bless all of you for your help. sorry for the lack of correct tech terms (i.e.: thumb drive, not zip, and they do still use CDs on lower end projects instead of DVDs because the kids can't afford them.)

So now all we need to do is to see if I can get it to run correctly now. A GAZILLION THANKS!!

20/03/2013 alle 16:08

DVD ? That's from the early 21st century, hu ? Nah, just kidding

Fuso orario: CET. Ora sono le 10:39

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti