Pubblicità di Dealjumbo

Forum

5 posts

can i print off the text that i have previewed?

19/08/2010 alle 18:15

is it possible to print off the actual text that i have previewed? when i hit download the whole alphabet of letters comes up rather than the words i previewed. help appreciated x melanie

19/08/2010 alle 18:56

Nope, download means download the font so that you can install and use it. If you only want the preview text - as an image - you have to make a screen-dump (Alt+PrtSc) and work with that one.

19/08/2010 alle 21:20

thanx a million x il look into both options. im abit of a technophobe so il google how to add it to my fonts (if thats even possible lol) x thanx again melanie

19/08/2010 alle 23:46

melanie, If you are using Windows, here's another option, if you want to put your preview text in an image file, (all steps included):

1) Download the font here, (in .zip file format), by clicking the download link, and chosing the save file option, (not open!).

2) Depending on the Internet browser you are using, the next step can be different. If you are using Internet Explorer, the Save As dialog box will appear. In the Save As dialog box, you specify the folder where you want to save the downloaded .zip file. If you are using Firefox, by default it will save the .zip in the location: My Documents, Downloads subfolder. If you are using a different browser, and don't know how to download, you'll have to tell us the name of the browser for this step, and someone else will have to let you know how to save a file.

3) Open the zip file. If you don't know how to do that, Go to [url]http://www.rarlab.com
/download.htm[/url] and download the Winrar X86 (32 bit)3.93 setup file. Then open the Winrar setup file, and follow the easy instructions to install it.

4) When Winrar is installed, double click the .zip file downloaded here, and select Extract from the options at the top. By default, Winrar will create a folder in the same location as the .zip, unless you specify a different place for the extracted files. When you extract files from the .zip, you are copying the files contained in a compressed form within the .zip file, and expanding them to their full size. After extracting, you will have both the .zip file, as downloaded, and a folder with the files that are in the .zip. At this point, you don't need the .zip file anymore, so you can recycle it.

5) Inside the folder created during extraction, you should find one or more font files, (.ttf or .otf file type), and often a read me or license document, and sometimes some supplemental files. Copy the .ttf or .otf file(s), and paste them to this location:

My Computer -> Local Disk C: -> Windows -> Fonts, to install it/them.

If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7, or a Mac computer, the installation instructions may be different. If this is the case, Click the Help link at the top of this page, and, in the FAQ, (Frequently Asked Questions), section, select the link which matches with your computer or operating system, for alternative installation instructions.

6) When the font is installed, (and if you have Microsoft Word), open MS Word, and select the font you have installed, and a font size about 1.33 times as large as the text you want to use in you graphic.

7) Type your text, and chose Edit -> Select All from the menu bar at the top of the Window, (assuming that you are not using MS Word 2007, which has no Menu Bar, in which case you can probably select all of the text with right click -> Select All, or by Holding down the Ctrl key, and touching the A key, before releasing both keys).

8) Open MS Paint, located in Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories. If the blank Paint document is not large enough to contain your text, chose Image from the Menu Bar -> Attributes, and increase the width or height of your blank paint document accordingly. Note that you can set the attributes in inches, centimeters or pixels. For MS Paint, there are 96 pixels in one inch of length.

9) Select Edit from the MS Paint menu bar, then select Paste. Note that the pasted text will be about 75% as large as the text in you MS Word document, which is why you used a font size 1.33 times too big to start with.

10) From file in the MS Paint Menu Bar, select save. You will see the Save As dialog box for the second time, (see 2) above), if you are using Internet Explorer as your browser. This time, you will want to specify the folder, [Save In:], File name, (File Name), and Type of image file, [Save as type:], for your text to appear in an image file. 24 bit bitmap or PNG would be good choices for the completed graphic. The image that I used for my FixCystNeon font, http://www.dafont.com/fixcystneon.font, was created this way, using MS Word 2000 and MS Paint, although I had to do some post production work to regulate the lengths of the lines.

I'm really hoping that you already knew at least some of this, but keep in mind that these instructions are also to help the other technophobes, present and future, to educate themselves.

~bito

Modificato su 20/08/2010 alle 02:52 da metaphasebrothel

20/08/2010 alle 00:03

thanx alot x looks easy to follow x i very cappreciate you taking the time to reply. sadly i knew nothing that you wrote but they say u learn something everyday and thanx to you i have x thanx again xxx melanie

Fuso orario: CEST. Ora sono le 02:39

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti