Pubblicità di homeaffairs

Forum

70 posts

What does "free for personal use" mean?

12/05/2015 alle 14:47

Non-personal or any commercial use is ANY use of the font meant for the general public. Money does NOT have to change hands. Your own web-page that's primarily meant for friends and family is still personal use ... if it's primarily meant for the world to see, it's non-personal.

31/05/2015 alle 23:41

I don't know if this question has been answered or not, so here goes.

I'm using a free for personal use font as a base for my profile image on YouTube. I also want to use this same font for the channel art on my user page. I'm hoping to be able to make money making videos for YouTube, and I was wondering if I can use this free for personal use font or not. The creator of the font never contacted me, even though I had sent an e-mail to him/her asking for permission to use the font, even when I am monetizing my videos on YouTube. Thanks in advance to anyone who'll answer this, and have a nice day.

01/06/2015 alle 10:41

RoastedGravy ha detto  
I'm using a free for personal use font as a base for my profile image on YouTube.

YouTube is a commercial site. So, using a font on YouTube can't be "personnal use".

I'm hoping to be able to make money making videos for YouTube, and I was wondering if I can use this free for personal use font or not.

Not without the agreement of the creator.

The creator of the font never contacted me, even though I had sent an e-mail to him/her asking for permission to use the font

the lack of response can not be regarded as an agreement.

02/06/2015 alle 03:43

Okay, thank you very much. Guess I'll have to look for another font that I can use 100% free. Do you have any suggestions? I'm looking for one cartoonish, somewhat resembling of the onomatopoeia sound effects they use in comic books.

02/06/2015 alle 10:09

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=102&fpp=50&l[]=10&l[]=1

Modificato su 02/06/2015 alle 16:39 da Rodolphe

12/06/2015 alle 12:58

I've got a question in the same topic but with a different story.

I'm designing a logo for my student organisation (non-profit), and found a for-personal-use-only font, which would be awesome. Logo will be used to promote an event, to make gadgets etc, nothing we will earn money from. Can I use it? After all, there is no profit.
How is it later with puting the logo to portfolio, if it turnes fine?

Modificato su 12/06/2015 alle 13:59 da congrim

12/06/2015 alle 17:06

Using a font the way you describe it congrim, is not personal use. When you had reas this thread from top to end you would have known that.
You/your student organization want to use a font to generate money. Now congrim, how can you possibly describe that as personal for you only?
Do that small €5/€10 donation, get the people to the event, get the entrance fee, sell some gadgets and make some more money.

12/06/2015 alle 21:51

We're not going to make money out of it in any way. As I told the organisation is non-profit.
All money from participation fees are going strictly to pay accomodation, food etc. All gadgets will be given free to participants.

Yeas, to organise the event we have to generate money (from sponsors, fee, etc), but there will be no profit at all.

12/06/2015 alle 23:24

It is not personal use. However smart you are trying to be. Or is your dick available to the public as well?

Student, smart, well educated, but to dumb to see the difference between personal and public.

13/06/2015 alle 00:05

I really don't see a point to be vulgar and rude in here. I just asked a question because I wasn't sure if my (and seen in many places) way of thinking "we don't make any profit out of it, then personal-use is fine" was good. Your response looked like you didn't consider "non-profit" part of organisation, thats why I asked again.

Ok, it's not, I go it, fine.
But no need to treat people like idiots and call them dumb.

Have a nice evening.

13/06/2015 alle 07:15

koeiekat ha detto  
Or is your dick available to the public as well?

Koe did you fuck sometime?

13/06/2015 alle 09:01

@congrim, don't mind koeiekat, he's your regular internet-troll-asshole, as you can unfortunately see in almost all his posts.

14/06/2015 alle 17:44

Yes, but he's right, and it should be obvious. "Non-profit" does not automatically exclude "commercial use". As soon as you send material to the public at large, it's NON-PERSONAL USE. That really shouldn't be that hard of a concept, but these forums are filled with people trying to say "but that doesn't apply to ME, right?" If you're asking, then it probably totally DOES apply to you.

14/06/2015 alle 20:17

As said, "When you had read this thread from top to end you would have known that." So congrim was knowingly asking for something well known and worse, knew that. Acting like that is generally considered stupid. And stupidity leads to ... yes, indeed.

Fred's comments? I don't give a shit. Remember the old forum?

14/06/2015 alle 20:42

14/06/2015 alle 21:44

15/07/2015 alle 14:28

I'm sick of these 'personal use only fonts'. Font authors can go jump if they think I'm going to keep track of dozens or even hundreds of different font's licences. If they don't want people to use them for commercial purposes then don't clog up sites like dafont with them.

15/07/2015 alle 15:09

Be sick if you want to.
A normal graphic designer will read the license when using someone else's font for a project.

You were clever enough to post this message, i think you should be clever enough to google the font name before using it, and see what the license is about.
Even if you downloaded the font a long time ago...

BTW, it's 'free personal use only fonts', not 'personal use only fonts'.
Which makes a big difference, except if you're a skinflint.
People designing this kind of fonts think that if you make money using their fonts, that's normal to give them a few dollars in return.

If you're sick of it, use free fonts, commercial fonts, or design your own fonts.
It's as easy as that.

16/07/2015 alle 09:22

If you don't respect graphic design from other people, then you're a terrible graphic designer. Try to Google the word "ethic"...
it's easy to organize your font collection. You can create separate folders for each license type while you download a font or, even better, organize it in your font management program.
See, easy.

Modificato su 16/07/2015 alle 09:23 da vinz

16/07/2015 alle 10:11

DaFontEtron seems to be 9

Fuso orario: CEST. Ora sono le 17:52

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti