Pubblicità di Moontesk

Forum

48 posts

Outline/Filled Font Creation Help please

10/09/2012 alle 23:43

Thanks for the ideas/thoughts everyone, its been much appreciated.

I've created two sets, one outline and one solid. As i mentioned before to create the desired effect i can just apply a black stroke to the white solid type.

I seem to be having trouble uploading the finished files to the site so will try again tomorrow.

Hopefully whoever makes the selections will like it enough to add it to the site.

Thanks again.

11/09/2012 alle 00:01

Ikos ha detto  
T
I've created two sets, one outline and one solid.

11/09/2012 alle 00:17

Ikos ha detto  
Thanks for the ideas/thoughts everyone, its been much appreciated.

I've created two sets, one outline and one solid. ...

And how to combine the two to get a white solid background on a, let's say blue background? The whole concept reminds me of the Madamme. Fun as a try but in practice unusable.

Modificato su 11/09/2012 alle 00:19 da koeiekat

11/09/2012 alle 00:53

The outline set is now redundant in this endeavor and will just serve as a different style in the set.

As i mentioned twice already....

Ikos ha detto  
to create the desired effect i can just apply a black stroke to the white solid type.

11/09/2012 alle 09:00

It can't work with only a black stroke if the shapes are complicated. I.e. : Claudeserieux's first L won't definitely work.
Did you click on my link ?!

11/09/2012 alle 14:14

Yes i did, like i said thanks for the ideas, but im not sure what makes you think black stroke/white letters isn't the perfect solution for the effect im trying to achieve. I've already tested it and its exactly how i want it. I think maybe we are getting our wires crossed.

Modificato su 11/09/2012 alle 14:14 da Ikos

11/09/2012 alle 14:47

i said if your shapes are simple, no problem... butif your shapes are complicated, it wont work !

ie : If you only use the "inside of the L's eye" as the fill, and apply a black stroke, you won't get a L.
You need more work that just applying a black stroke on a white letter.

got it ? can't make it more clear...

11/09/2012 alle 14:57

Using the stroke function in Photoshop will add an outline to any image regardless of how complicated it is, so no, you still haven't made yourself clear.

11/09/2012 alle 15:06

Ikos ha detto  
... im not sure what makes you think black stroke/white letters isn't the perfect solution for the effect im trying to achieve. ...

You can not achieve that because a glyph is just a vector which, when drawn on a screen or printed, can only have one color, determined by the software used.

11/09/2012 alle 15:14

I can achieve that because Photoshop is perfectly capable of adding a stroke to any image/text.

11/09/2012 alle 16:02

Ikos ha detto  
Using the stroke function in Photoshop will add an outline to any image regardless of how complicated it is, so no, you still haven't made yourself clear.

You'll never get what's in "SCRIBBLED GREEN" by adding a black stroke to what's in "SCRIBBLED RED" here...
Maybe i don't understand what you're saying, but here's my point. Adding a stroke is not a solution.

Modificato su 11/09/2012 alle 16:04 da marty666

11/09/2012 alle 16:21

I am the one who had a problem. As stated four times already, I have found the solution to my problem.

You are now telling me i have not found the solution.

Yes, i think its safe to say you are not understanding me.

11/09/2012 alle 16:28

you're welcome
can you at least agree that your "solution" is not a solution ?

it's just a trick that fits your needs, because :
1 - your shapes seem to be extremely simple.
2 - you plan to use Photoshop

it will never help someone drawing complex shapes / not using photoshop...

anyway, glad you found your own "solution", maybe it was your last post.

Modificato su 11/09/2012 alle 16:29 da marty666

11/09/2012 alle 16:49

Let me try one more time and we'll see if you can catch up....

I had this....

But i wanted this....

That wasn't possible as i learned glyphs can only be one color. So i made my alphabet like this....

And added a stroke in Photoshop and i get....

See? Its not very complicated and its the perfect solution to my problem.

Now stop trying so hard to be right on the internet, it makes you look childish.

11/09/2012 alle 16:54

Hum, Ikos, I don't really see where Daaams was hard on you. People took their free time to try to understand your problem, and I was the first one to try to make it understandable. English isn't our first language, so it's normal we don't understand each other perfectly.

Now you also have to admit that you wanted to do something that was quite unusual. In the end, I'm not even sure why you choose this solution. Because if you're willing to add a stroke with Photoshop, why couldn't you use what you had first, and fill it with a white background only inside the shape ?

In the end, you have found your solution, which is great. People only tried to make sense, and while there might have been some communication issues, nobody has been rude to anyone.

11/09/2012 alle 17:04

Daaams was clearly frustrated as he didn't understand what i was try to do, that's all. Its no problem.

11/09/2012 alle 17:17

drf_ ha detto  

I'm not even sure why you choose this solution. Because if you're willing to add a stroke with Photoshop, why couldn't you use what you had first, and fill it with a white background only inside the shape ?

My apoligies, i only just spotted this question.

The reason i chose this way is because its much quicker to add a stroke to the entire text rather than going to each letter and applying a fill. Also i would have to rasterize the font to do that which would render it uneditable. I hope that makes sense

Thanks again for your ideas and help, its much appreciated.

Modificato 3 volte. Ultima modifica su 11/09/2012 alle 17:19 da Ikos

11/09/2012 alle 17:24

frustrated ? no, i just spend some of free time to help assholes just like you, that are not clever enough to think...

all i say is : your pseudo-solution will only work if you use such basic shapes.
but it will not work on a complex shape like the L on the image...

please try to imaginate "your solution" applied to this much complex L image :
- create a font containing only the fill of the L's eye
- apply a black stroke to it
- what is the result ? something looking like SHIT. Not something looking like a L...

all i did was giving a GENERAL solution that will work for ANY shapes, not only YOUR TYPE OF BASIC shapes.

11/09/2012 alle 17:27

And now you call me an asshole.

You're really not a very nice person are you.

Don't address again, you have nothing of interest for me.

Modificato su 11/09/2012 alle 17:27 da Ikos

11/09/2012 alle 17:30

Fuso orario: CEST. Ora sono le 11:11

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti