Pubblicità di aliciasouza

Forum

7 posts

Font not accepted? why?

03/10/2017 alle 11:19

Hi, I have sent a font named GRAND FINALE two times, one month ago, however, It has not been uploaded as I have received no email. It's a 100% original font, I do not understand how or why it is not accepted, can anyone clarify that with me please?
Thank you
https://www.behance.net/gallery/56408399/GRAND-FINALE-font

03/10/2017 alle 14:51

Hi,

First of all, please don't submit your font several times, it makes everything more complicated for us. I understand the frustration but please, once is enough. Unfortunately, we usually don't send emails when a font is not accepted, unless it is a font with only a specific minor problem that can be easily corrected. Your font is currently being reviewed. I can't say if it will be in the next update or not because it has some major kerning problems.

About the time it takes, we have been dealing with a lot of work recently, and well, there was summer and people were on holidays. Sorry about that.

03/10/2017 alle 17:35

Hi, thank you for your reply. I was used to the previous delay time (about 1week) so I was confused I thought there might have beed an issue with the files, and as you do not reply if it's not accepted, I tried exporting it again to see if it made a difference.

But thank you.

Could I fix the kerning issues and send it over again, or should I better wait for now?

03/10/2017 alle 18:27

No worries! The time it takes to upload new fonts is completely random, and depends on so many factors. Unfortunately, we are humans so sometimes it takes more time.

The problem with your kerning is that some pairs are not kerned properly (not enough kerning, mostly). You can work it out if you want, that shouldn't be a problem.

03/10/2017 alle 18:54

Hello Fred,

i think the problem is not only this i really like my work and Dafont and also the one who hold it but us fonters do not take really summer holidays because we are always working to move in life and it is just frustrating to see how long time you take to make new updates and you know life will never stop even if you go on holidays because working is working so please consider us fonters because without us you will not be there.

We need each others.
Thanks.

04/10/2017 alle 21:57

@frd
Thank you for the tip. I have fixed the kernings. I have added a general 10-20p for every letter, is has now a lot more breathing space. Which is nice.

I have sent the font GRAND FINALE.ttf once again. Sorry for the multiple uploads, but this one should be final according to your advice.

Best...
Tino Mendes

04/10/2017 alle 22:40

@tinomendes, you're welcome! I'll check your new version tomorrow and I'll get back to you by private message if you don't mind.

Fuso orario: CEST. Ora sono le 17:24

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti