Forum

7 posts

"free for personal use" - usable?

30/12/2010 à 21:52

I'd like to use a font that states "Free For Personal Use" for a national contest, am I allowed to use it?

31/12/2010 à 02:03

There's almost always a txt file in the download that will give you information as to what the author considers personal use and also what is required for commercial use.

31/12/2010 à 13:47

@Wyndextor
Why are you carefully avoiding to give some info that might lead to an answer?

31/12/2010 à 14:01

FREE FOR PERSONAL USE (once and for all):

1) You can use it FOR FREE on your computer, write your mother in law a death threat on paper, copy/paste a name tag for your hamster, paint it on a pita-bread, put cheese and tomato on and barbecue the lot, print it out and use it as a wallpaper for your toilet, etc.
2) You should PAY (donation as specified in the ReadMe, fixed price license as specified in the ReadMe, a bottle of beer, a greeting card or a free sex lesson as specified in the ReadMe - note the stress on the README file here) WHEN YOU USE IT COMMERCIALLY. As in: you design bra's, t-shirts, underwear using the font; you print a book, a newspaper, a poster using the font; you invented a beer, a lawnmower, a new car and use the font to market your invention or product; etc..

Any questions?

26/09/2011 à 17:03

I was looking for a font to use in a game.
It will not be commercialized, will be free.
Am I allowed to use a free for personal use font in the text or title parts?

26/09/2011 à 17:31

Did you actually (try to) read this thread and the other twenty five zillion threads on this very same subject?

27/09/2011 à 09:59

LolaFreitas a dit  
It will not be commercialized, will be free.

Without advertisements or sponsor ?

LolaFreitas a dit  
Am I allowed to use a free for personal use font in the text or title parts?

Contact the author. It's the ONLY ONE who can say if you use is a "personal use" in its mind.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 18:54

Données personnelles  -  Contact