Forum

9 posts

100% free or is there hidden costs or undisclosed charges.

02/03/2015 à 21:47

Hi,

The font is listed as "100% free",I am unable to find anything else that says there may be charges if I use the font for business purposes. I am trying to do the right thing, be respectful, and attempt to contact the author. I did leave a comment on the font page for the author, requesting terms and conditions, if they do exist. Any advice? Thanks, Michael in AZ.

02/03/2015 à 22:40

The

03/03/2015 à 16:41

Why don't you tell us what the font is so someone can help you.

05/03/2015 à 20:21

mnewland a dit  
100% free or is there hidden costs or undisclosed charges.

Hi,

The font is listed as "100% free",I am unable to find anything else that says there may be charges if I use the font for business purposes. I am trying to do the right thing, be respectful, and attempt to contact the author. I did leave a comment on the font page for the author, requesting terms and conditions, if they do exist. Any advice? Thanks, Michael in AZ.

100% Free means exactly that. The font author has preauthorized the font for all use. You do not need permission to use it commercially. Sometimes the font designer wants to avoid inquiries like yours, after completing the work, and giving it away, for personal and commercial use. The 100% free designation is used only when the font author uploads their own work, and choses that licensing designation. No fonts on DaFont have the 100% Free designation, unless the font author has specified that as the licensing term, or documentation by the author has explicitly stated that the font is free for all use.

Just use it, and credit the designer somewhere in the commercial use, if you want to acknowledge the type source.

05/03/2015 à 20:42

Wow,

Thank you, for the polite, professional reply. I guess it didn't matter which font it was, just the generic "100% free" designation that was posted. I appreciate the info, thank you very much.

Michael

05/03/2015 à 21:10

The and not listed where ... any idea how many times things like this are asked here about fonts that are on other sites as dafont?
So cut the crap and next time just say what you are talking about so that we do not have to assume that you are talking about a 101 illegal download.

05/03/2015 à 21:12

you obviously have too much time on your hands.Grow up and get a life.

05/03/2015 à 21:23

Still incapable of understanding what is happening in the real world, ehhh ... abstract questions, no fast answer. have a good time at 101 and enjoy how they take over your vulnerable Windows 8.

06/03/2015 à 07:23

mnewland a dit  
Wow,

Thank you, for the polite, professional reply. I guess it didn't matter which font it was, just the generic "100% free" designation that was posted. I appreciate the info, thank you very much.

Michael

Michael, just don't assume that a font at DaFont is 100% free, unless specifically designated as such. Many older fonts uploaded by someone other than the designer have no license inmformation, because no one knows the terms of use. Sometimes the author is deceased, or has long since ceased to use the e-mail address shown in documentation.

koeiekat does have a valid point - you should have named the font in question. Many here know specific information about certain fonts or designers. There's no valid reason why you shouldn't have been more specific about the font of which you were discussing. Vague questions prompt vague responses.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 01:39

Données personnelles  -  Contact