Pub de erikgetzel

Forum

9 posts

Font Creation Request

14/12/2014 à 16:21

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this, but I need a font created. This is a private request and commission can be paid depending on your level of experience. If you are interested, please send me a private message with examples of your work and I'll provide you with further details.

Thanks,
Paxx

14/12/2014 à 18:06

paxxpacis, if you want to receive sincere replies, you would first need to give us a lot more information. Some people could make a font for you in a couple of hours. Some could work on the same font for months. There are some font authors who make fonts as their primary source of income. There are a lot of authors who make some of their income from fonts, and some who make them for free.

Without any details, your responses are likely to come from teenagers, who usually know how to make half decent fonts. Maybe that's all you need. If you want functional, but non professional quality, you'll probably find someone willing to do that. If you're looking for a custom typeface, the sort of people who could do that don't read the DaFont forum, or they wouldn't be interested.

Making fonts isn't usually a 'work for hire' occupation. It's more of a hobby, with potential to generate some income. People don't make fonts for the monetary incentive, unless they are very talented, or very naive. Most people who make fonts want to chose their own subject matter as well, so the idea of making a font to someone else' desin specifications would appeal mainly to the designer that works quickly, and usually carelessly, with limited technical knowledge.

Imagine if you posted an advertisement in a newspaper, asking for someone to sculpt a statue for you, with details to follow. Who do you think would answer that ad, professional sculptors, or high school students, who took a pottery class at summer camp?

Édité le 14/12/2014 à 18:11 par metaphasebrothel

14/12/2014 à 18:28

Unfortunately, I cannot disclose this information 'publicly' due to several reasons. Thus why I have mentioned that I will provide further (a lot more) information in a private message, in other cases I would have. I appreciate your post, but do you have any knowledge or could refer me to any website or designer who could offer this service.

14/12/2014 à 18:53

You might want to go to typophile.com.

14/12/2014 à 19:53

paxxpacis, the price range you're planning to offer may prick up a few ears, or provoke a few smiles. If you said £100, it would provoke laughter. If you said £10,000, you'd get some serious interest. We get these inquiries all the time, and four times out of five, from a Troll who just wants to mess with a few people he doesn't know. I'm not saying that's you, but there is the tendency to tar you with that same brush, based on our past experiences with these types of requests.

I don't know of any that actually resulted in a completed font being financially compensated by this sort of arrangement, at DaFont. Custom fonts often cost top dollar. A Newspaper, magazine, or a brand name often has a custom font designed for them, and nobody else gets to use it; it isn't sold to the public. Vogue Magazine, or The Times of London doesn't want your text to look like theirs. Most of these requests involve text for a video game, or something similar, where fine rendering for different text sizes isn't too important. Kids can do those a lot of the time.

I wouldn't be interested in this kind of assignment, creating intellectual property for the benefit of one stranger. You've said nothing in two posts that would interest anyone who could and would be interested in doing a competent job, but the kids are listening.

14/12/2014 à 20:18

Realize, the £10,000 is an absolute minimum for the transfer of copyright of a relatively simple custom font, something that could be made in say one month. But as you carefully avoid giving any indication of what type for what sort of product for what market and where ... there is little to say.

14/12/2014 à 20:29

Are you willing to finance my acquisition of a new car? If you are willing, here is a sample

http://abfonts.freehostia.com/k22-aking-didot.htm

If you need more samples, see here http://www.dafont.com/toto.d3205?fpp=50

or go to http://abfonts.freehostia.com click on the "Extra" tab, click on "Fonts List" link, click on the "Author" tab and scroll down the list till you find "Toto". There are fonts there that are not found here at Dafont

or you might want to have a look at http://typedrawers.com If you are going to sign up there, the board requires that you use your real name. If you are intereseted to get the services of someone from that board, that person will likely not come cheap.

14/12/2014 à 21:04

Excellent link toto, typedrawers.

15/12/2014 à 08:11

Put up by people who are no longer happy with how things are going at typophile

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 14:13

Données personnelles  -  Contact