Forum

4 posts

Futura Koyu?

Sep 14, 2015 at 03:48

Hi All, I downloaded Futura Koyu a long time ago from Font Yukle (I think, because it's the only site I can find it on now). I want to use it for a book design and I can't find the license. I want to make sure I can use it legally -- does anyone know where I might be able to find the license, or if there isn't one, whether it matters?

Thanks very much in advance.
Katherine

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Sep 14, 2015 at 03:54 by katherinewehde

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:12

Why don't you ask to Font Yukle then ?
Dafont is not the customer service of the whole internet...

Sep 14, 2015 at 15:35

The Futura Koyu (Koyu = Bold) on Font Yukle is a reverse engineered Futura Bold, renamed and with stripped naming info ... except for the copyright notice: Copyright c 1987 Adobe Systems Incorporated. As it is a clone of the Futura Bold the same license terms are valid as for the original. Read this: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/type/pdfs/eulas/eula-5seat-intl-english-07.11.11.pdf

As your Koyu is not a legal version of the font using it for a book design is illegal. You need to buy a legal version.

Sep 14, 2015 at 16:38

daaams: Yeah, I know. When I first posted I wasn't sure where I'd gotten the font, and I download from dafont often, so I thought it might be here. Plus I know dafont is teeming with friendly people like you. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

koeiekat: Thank you! So helpful.

Cheers.

All times are CEST. The time is now 03:55

Privacy Policy  -  Contact