Forum

29 posts

Donald Trump Make America Great Again Hat Font

Sep 02, 2015 at 18:40

Can anyone identify the font used on this hat?

Thank you!

Donald Trump Make America Great Again Hat Font

Suggested fonts

Bookman Demi  Suggested by Roadweiler 
Times New Roman  Suggested by Baki the Builder 
Vinegar  Suggested by Bozac 
Marion  Suggested by slevangie 
Georgia  Suggested by What? 
Humanist/Old Style  Suggested by Gonzo Far 
Garamond  Suggested by Greenhat 
American Typewriter  Suggested by crazyredargyle 
Times Bold  Suggested by stewf 
Hellas Times  Suggested by toomanyfonts 
Century  Suggested by nottimesnewroman 

Sep 28, 2015 at 04:41

anyone know?

Dec 19, 2015 at 19:19

Suggested font: Times New Roman

Jul 27, 2016 at 21:07

This is the closest match I can find. (I know i'm a little late.)
Suggested font: Vinegar

Jul 27, 2016 at 21:19

The cap lettering came up several times in this forum and nothing was decided
As I said last time about Times New Roman [TNR] -- which I suggested then:
[http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/275707/make-america-great-again-trump-cap]
The first _G_ is serifless on the lower rhs [like TNR], the second _G_ has a serif. So not a font?
But compare with Donald Trump's trademark application for the word mark MAKE-AMERICA-GREAT-AGAIN
http://www.trademarkologist.com/files/2016/05/MAKE-AMERICA-GREAT-AGAIN-page.jpg
Perhaps the hat maker is producing a garbled version of TNR?

Jul 27, 2016 at 21:25

Well based on the hat over all I would select Vinegar over NTR.

Over all, the embroidery on the hat is very poor, and I would suspect that the stitch count was low when they digitized it. So theres that to consider too. (based on looking at a hot on Trump's offical merch site)

Edited 3 times. Last edit on Jul 27, 2016 at 21:28 by Bozac

Jul 27, 2016 at 22:10

Bozac - take a look at the cap R - it's Times Roman.
And yes, the reason it does not look like a font -- is because it is embroidered.

Edited on Jul 27, 2016 at 22:11 by Heron2001

Aug 08, 2016 at 15:59

The short middle bar of the E makes Times or Times New Roman unlikely. Times Bold is possible.
Suggested font: Times Bold

Aug 08, 2016 at 16:01

But the artwork for this hat is really a mess all around. The first G has no beard but the second does. Which is also true of the hats they sell on the Trump website.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Sep 12, 2016 at 10:20 by frd

Sep 09, 2016 at 21:18

YOU ARE ALL WRONG.... NOT EVEN CLOSE. times new roman hahahahahahahah

IT is CLEARLLLLY some type of *CENTURY font COME ON PEOPLE times new roman hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Suggested font: Century

Nov 18, 2016 at 18:45

I believe it's actually HellasTimes bold
Suggested font: Hellas Times

Edited on Nov 18, 2016 at 18:51 by frd

Jan 27, 2017 at 14:38

I'm pretty sure it's just American Typewriter. A font called "Typerwriter" is a stock font for basically every embroiderer.
Suggested font: American Typewriter

Jan 27, 2017 at 14:39

It's my a**! He's pres now no more hats!

May 12, 2017 at 16:37

If you look at the downward diagonal stroke of the letter 'R' you see it's straight, not curved. That rules out Century entirely (ha ha). If you look at the crossbar on the A, it's really higher that Times New Roman's. If you look at the crossbar of the E, the hat's is not centered on the Y axis, but in Times and TNR they both are. I don't think it's either of those. It most certainly isn't American typewriter, since the hat has differences in stroke width, while AT doesn't..

Jun 21, 2018 at 08:19

I believe it is Humanist/Old Style
Suggested font: Humanist/Old Style

Jun 21, 2018 at 19:01

Our embroidery machine has custom fonts that emulate popular fonts such as Times New Roman - I suspect that this is an embroidery only font that is built into digitizing/embroidery software

Aug 23, 2018 at 19:33

Its likely Russ Times, which is an tagima embroidery only font, other than the second G... I dont know what twit set that up.

Oct 13, 2018 at 17:10

I was looking for this same information to customize my own maga hat (I don't like the Trump cap style) and on a hat customization site the font that matched 100% as far as I can tell is "Garmond"

Registered just to say that. Seems like trump uses a cheap factory. Also I have a friend who's mom owns an embroidery shop and she say's that the embroidery machines use compatible clip art instead of standard fronts so this could still be an image version of tnr. She said it looked like an imaged version of ITC Bookman while her son said it looked like a custom clarendon. Imma go with garmond since it is the closest on the hat site even though the G and the E are slightly different. Most people wouldn't be able to see any difference.
Suggested font: Garamond

Oct 13, 2018 at 17:14

Greenhat said  
I was looking for this same information to customize my own maga hat (I don't like the Trump cap style) and on a hat customization site the font that matched 100% as far as I can tell is "Garmond"

Registered just to say that. Seems like trump uses a cheap factory. Also I have a friend who's mom owns an embroidery shop and she say's that the embroidery machines use compatible clip art instead of standard fronts so this could still be an image version of tnr. She said it looked like an imaged version of ITC Bookman while her son said it looked like a custom clarendon. Imma go with garmond since it is the closest on the hat site even though the G and the E are slightly different. Most people wouldn't be able to see any difference.

Garmond

Hey you seem like you are a big fan of the president. I think MAGA hats are pretty cool but if you want to get the full POTUS look you should get a presidential seal embroidery badge. Just like the one Donald wears on his
windbreaker jacket. You can find it on eBay and it is Indeed made in the USA - how do I know? I replicated them. You can support the US jobs and members of this forum by purchasing from a member like me!

Edited on Oct 14, 2018 at 11:41 by marty666

Jan 13, 2019 at 23:37

The first G is a sewing error but everything else is BOOKMAN DEMI. Take a look at the E and the T in particular.

This image alone isn't the best, but you can Google a few others to compare.
Suggested font: Bookman Demi

All times are CET. The time is now 12:51

Privacy Policy  -  Contact