Ad by AlanP

Forum

9 posts

Font virgin needs to be treated gently.

May 02, 2013 at 23:40

Hello,
I'm a photo editor and for many, many years have pretty much ignored fonts. Well recently I've been taking on work where I REALLY should know more than I do.

I have client that I waste a LOT of time with going back and forth about whether or not she likes the fonts that I've used. I had the brilliant idea that I would find an image of a list of default fonts for CS 5 and send it to her. That way she could look right at the list and pick what she wants rather than experimenting.

So, I found a couple different images of what is supposed to be the font list for CS5, which is what I use and found out that my ACTUAL list of fonts is no where near the same as what it's supposed to be. I put the image of the supposed default font list next to my drop down font menu and did a screen shot for your folks.

Screen grab:
http://i43.tinypic.com/33c85s3.jpg After clicking this, click the image for larger size.

So:
1. Why is my list so different from what it should be?
2. How do I get the correct set of fonts?
3. Other than the standard default fonts, is there any free font packages out there that a lot of you guys use INSTEAD of the defaults? Like maybe a free package that is much more complete and useful?
4. If there are such free font packages, please lead me to them and lead me to something that would take me by the hand as far as the correct way to download them for CS5.

Be gentle with me now.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jammer

May 03, 2013 at 05:20

Wow! This place is REALLY jumpin'! Is that a tumble weed I just saw rollin' by?

May 03, 2013 at 08:55

Hi Jammer,
Cool, life is sweet ! Answer coming...

May 03, 2013 at 09:19

I don't know. try to look on your Adobes DVD if there is a font pack that you didn't installed...

May 03, 2013 at 09:21

Adobe's CS pack comes with additionnal font pack : http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/fontinstall/cs5installedfonts.html
Are you using a CS pack or a standalone photoshop ?

May 03, 2013 at 11:18

Thanks guys. It's just Photoshop CS5 by itself without all of the other stuff.
Vinz, the link you provided is exactly where I ended up and it's where I realized that my actual list of fonts is way different than what's on the lists at that site.

I started with CS2 and didn't upgrade until CS5 but if I remember correctly, I just downloaded the upgrade and didn't buy the disc. Maybe I missed out on the new fonts by doing it that way.

So can anyone answer question four. Is there like one standard free font package out there that pretty much everyone in the know uses or is there no such animal. I'm not after a whole bunch of the novel stuff, just a real solid set of standard fonts.

Thanks!

May 03, 2013 at 11:52

Jammer said  
Wow! This place is REALLY jumpin'! Is that a tumble weed I just saw rollin' by?

Most of the regular participants of this forum lives in Europe and you have post your question at Midnight in Europe.

May 03, 2013 at 14:37

You'd better ask this directly to adobe support...

May 03, 2013 at 17:48

Alrighty then.

Thanks!

All times are CEST. The time is now 05:46

Privacy Policy  -  Contact