Anuncio de Nils Kähler

Foro

981 posts    Fuentes identificadas

Posts de toto@k22

14/10/2020 a las 20:04  [respuesta]  Please help, thanks

No need to apologize. The post is fine. You were asking for identification.

14/10/2020 a las 07:42  [respuesta]  Please help, thanks

The font is called Logotex Player, which is the font Puma used for number and players' name on the kits of clubs it sponsors such as Borussia Dortmund (BVB) during the 2016/2018 seasons. Arsenal FC also used that font.

The font is a custom font for Puma and linking to it from here is not allowed.

Fuente identificada: Logotex Player

14/10/2020 a las 05:55  [respuesta]  How do I update a font?

If a font appears in your My account, then it should appear on the page linked from your profile page.

Did you update your font? It looks like you have a font listed before but it somehow disappeared. What did you do when you updated your font?

04/10/2020 a las 16:04  [respuesta]  Casking Cream Script font is distorted

I had a look at the font and, to me, the font is good.

What program are you using? If you are using an Adobe program, open the character panel and make sure that kerning is set to metrics and tracking is set to 0 so that you can start from the as designed settings. You can adjust the settings from there to your satisfaction. I do not know how it is done in other programs but you probably know how to play around with kerning and tracking in those programs.

30/09/2020 a las 07:48  [respuesta]  Calvin and Hobbes Font

@rjokohl That is how the font was designed. When you type Y (uppercase), the font will produce the ij ligature. This was done probably because the author is Dutch. You will notice that the author's first name use the ij ligature. It would have been best to place it in its proper place but access to that then was not straightforward. The font was created in 2005 - 15 years ago!

The lowercase Y (y) will produce the font's letter Y.

Editado el 30/09/2020 a las 07:50 por toto@k22

26/09/2020 a las 13:53  [respuesta]  Font "Snoopy things", author JBS

@Eva_G The font is a digitization of copyrighted/trademarked materials which the font author does not own. Use of the font should be restricted to private and personal use only. If the font is intended for coomersial use, I suggest you get a license from whoever now owns the Peanuts/Charlie Brown brand.

20/09/2020 a las 15:04  [respuesta]  Typeface-Book Cover

Since you said you designed your font, in what format is your font in? In TTF/OTF? Vector? Or just on paper? Was the font designed from scratch? Or inspired by an existing font?

I am not American and I am not familiar with laws on intellectual property rights in your country. The IPR law in my country is likely not the same as that of your country. If you really want to protect your work, I suggest you seek legal advice from someone who specializes in IPR laws.

17/09/2020 a las 09:18  [respuesta]  Typeface-Book Cover

If you used an existing font for your book cover, the copyright to the font is retained by the font foundry or designer. What you have is a license to use the font on a book cover. That license can be revoked at any time if you break the terms of the license. Inquire from the font foundry and/or designer as to the specifics of the license.

If you are using a font that was specifically designed for you and/or your book, then you should have an agreement regarding the ownership of the font. Not because someone made a font specifically for you means that you own the font. You might have exclusive use of the font (for a specified time or eternally) but that does not always translate to owning the copyright to the font. You should have reached an agreement regarding that when you commissioned the font.

However, if you are referring to the art work....

Check https://www.dafont.com/new.php if there is an update after you submitted your font. If your font was accepted, you will see that font listed on your My Account page (https://www.dafont.com/member_account.php)

However, if your font is not listed on that update, get in touch with Dafont and inquire why your font was not accepted so that you can fix whatever issues your font have. Resubmit the font once those issues have been addressed.

04/09/2020 a las 07:58  [respuesta]  Commercial Licence Issue

If you do not get a reply from the author, keep a copy of the emails or better print a copy of the emails with complete headers as proof. Also print a copy of the receipt as I am assuming that payment was made via PayPal. You might not need all of these but it is something for your peace of mind.

I do not foresee any problem that might arise from the author as he/she seems to not care about after sale support. Either that or his/her mailbox is overflowing with license requests that he/she could not readily respond to them. Gee... I envy him/her

03/09/2020 a las 13:57  [respuesta]  Commercial Licence Issue

Write the author and tell him that you need the paperwork. To avoid this happening again, you should tell the author that you need a signed license agreement during the negotiation process.

To be honest, I am guilty of that myself. :(

01/09/2020 a las 20:43  [respuesta]  making sure

If you have any doubts about the use of a font, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the font author. Font authors have different ways of interpreting certain terminologies.

You can email the font author if an email address is available in the ZIP archive that you downloaded here at Dafont. You can also look if there is an email address shown in the font author's Dafont profile page. You can also get in touch with him/her through Dafont's private messaging if that feature was enabled by the font author.

29/08/2020 a las 07:44  [respuesta]  Font Designer - No Response

Since he is only asking a donation with no set amount, then you should decide how much to send him. As I mentioned earlier send him an amount that is commensurate to your use of the font. Is this a one time use only? Or is it a repeated use - the font will be used on an item that is sold any number of times? You decide based on how you will use the font and your budget for that project. He left that for you to decide so I am sure he won't complain with whatever amount you send his way.

I also suggest that you send him an email and tell him that you donated SSS for commercial use of his font. That email is your proof that you have a license to use the font for commercial purposes. And your PayPal receipt.

I do not know how you will use the font so I cannot suggest a specific amount. If am that font author, I am very sure that you will look for another font to use with the amount I am asking for my fonts.

28/08/2020 a las 11:48  [respuesta]  Font Designer - No Response

@sethfrazee Try him again. Use the Gmail email address in his profile (https://www.dafont.com/profile.php?user=932361). He is from my part of the world. If he was in the province when the lockdown was imposed last March it would be very difficult for him to return to the city. Even if quarantine was eased a bit, air, sea and land transport between regions are still restricted. Our pandemic situation mirrors that of the US. Things are getting worse.

Give him time to respond. If you still do not hear from him, go to https://www.dafont.com/lost-in-wild.font and click on the "Donate to author" button found right below the font download button. Donate an amount that is commensurate to your use of the font. If you hear from him after you send the donation and he say that the amount is not enough, talk to him and discuss to reach an additional amount that is acceptable to both of you.

I do not know if there is an option to add a message to him at PayPal but there usually is. if there is one, tell him that the donation is for commercial use of Lost and Wild and how and where you are going to use the font. Fully disclose your use of the font so that there won't be any problem later on.

20/08/2020 a las 07:24  [respuesta]  What Font Identifier do you use?

They "suck" because they do not have the font you are looking for in their database. In such a case, what they do is present you with the closest font that they have which may not even be close to what you are looking for. What fonts are on their database? Those are usually the fonts that are available for sale at their site which limits the apps identification capability. So if you are looking for numerous script fonts that had been appearing lately, you will have a better chance of finding what that font is here at Dafont than at MyFonts/WhatTheFont and FontSpring/FontSquirrel. There's no guarantee but you might have better luck at http://www.dafont.com/forum/?f=1 Find a good quality image, do not enlarge nor retouch, post it and hope for the best.

Editado 2 veces. Última edición el 20/08/2020 a las 07:31 por toto@k22

26/07/2020 a las 21:08  [respuesta]  Font identification

Look at this also https://signdna.com/collections/script/products/daytonascript

Fuente identificada: Sandoval

Editado el 27/07/2020 a las 08:59 por frd

26/07/2020 a las 20:59  [respuesta]  font "maite perroni" please

Light

Fuente identificada: Gotham

26/07/2020 a las 20:49  [respuesta]  Identificar Fuente

Fuente identificada: Arapey

26/07/2020 a las 20:42  [respuesta]  Anyone has this font name please?

Fuente identificada: Euphoria Script

18/07/2020 a las 19:48  [respuesta]  Please help me

ENGINEERING is Nexa Heavy

Fuente identificada: Nexa

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 08:41

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto