Anuncio de Nermin99

Foro

85 posts    Fuentes identificadas

Posts de JasonArthur

07/06/2010 a las 06:29  [respuesta]  How Can Do This

I have a new least favorite poster on here.

07/06/2010 a las 06:28  [respuesta]  Which program best for make a Font

You know... you can type that sentence once and get far more serious responses.

But hell, I'll cave and give it to you anyhow... FontLab is the absolute best.

Now... next time try google.com Type in Font creation software. You would have had your answer instantly.

07/06/2010 a las 06:26  [respuesta]  i'm confused

On Macs everything is waaaaaaaaaay easier. Just open your Hard Drive and click on the Library folder and then fonts folder. Drop the font in.

Done.

On a PC can't you do something similar, where you open your C drive or whatever, find your Fonts folder and drop it in?

Could you be more specific? You wanting the deco-art stuff? Cause this is a font forum and all...

07/06/2010 a las 06:23  [respuesta]  new to dafont!!!! :)

What browser are you using? Firefox? Internet Explorer?

Sounds like your browser is blocking downloads. Or maybe some sort of firewall on your computer.

05/06/2010 a las 15:51  [respuesta]  How Can Do This

Can you draw a star? Well then you're half way done, huh?

04/06/2010 a las 02:30  [respuesta]  new to dafont!!!! :)

Walk us through what you're doing to try and download a font. Maybe I can spot a problem that way.

03/06/2010 a las 06:07  [respuesta]  confusedd

Did you read the articles under "Help"?

http://www.dafont.com/faq.php

Do you not see a big grey button on the font you want that says "DOWNLOAD"? I'm being serious here. Maybe there's something wrong with your browser.

02/06/2010 a las 06:38  [respuesta]  open type

You're claiming that redistributing the artwork of others, regardless of size, would not in any way impact their ability to earn money?

Also, regarding #1: Are you claiming that your work is for "nonprofit educational purposes"?

I understand you have no ill intent with your "font", but the fact of the matter is this... if those were made from artwork that I had created then you'd be reading a cease and desist letter right about now.

Fonts are vector art and can be scaled up to any size. I don't know how clear yours is at 11x17 or so, but if someone could use your font instead of paying for a print from whoever took the Amy Winehouse (or however you spell it) photos then you'd be in clear violation of the photographers copyright. There's no fine print about that.

Tell you what, make a font consisting of cd or book covers and distribute it for free. See how long it takes to get your first cease and desist.

01/06/2010 a las 22:56  [respuesta]  open type

Read number 4 carefully.

01/06/2010 a las 08:18  [respuesta]  open type

You should probably read up on Fair Use a bit more. What you're doing is NOT covered.

And back to the original topic (apologies for derailing). Here's a good article about .otf files:

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/fonts/a/opentype.htm

01/06/2010 a las 04:49  [respuesta]  open type

Does it matter to you that your fonts are essentially a copyright violation on the photography and design work of others? You just digitized it (which, I imagine does take time and effort).

You say I'm not doing anything daring or treading new ground. Neither are you, friend. You're stealing the work of others and passing it off as your own hard work.

Regards back at you,

-- J

01/06/2010 a las 00:45  [respuesta]  open type

So you don't mean complicated in terms of multiple glyphs for each character, kerning pairs, ligatures and such. You mean because it's ARTWORK? That's why you're saying it's too complex for .otf.

Well, that's cool. I doubt your fonts need any ligs or kerning, so .ttf is perfect for you.

Designers that actually develop typefaces themselves should almost certainly choose .otf if given the option.

And yes, I realize that ARTWORK can be integral in design, but you're talking about artwork and not typography in it's truest sense.

-- J

30/05/2010 a las 14:00  [respuesta]  open type

too complicated for .ttf? My fonts are very complex. And I have to agree about dingbats. Those are less a font and more like "art".

28/05/2010 a las 06:01  [respuesta]  open type

If you have a choice between a ttf and otf file. Go with otf. Like was mentioned, in otf you have possibilities of kerning pairs and other cool features that give the font a more unique flair.

I host all of my fonts as .otf and most have autoligs and advanced kerning as well as foreign language characters.

I'm a Mac guy, but I think you need to save the font in you C Drive (or whatever your main drive is) in the FONTS folder there. If you did that and it's still not working... well, I'd be clueless.

28/05/2010 a las 05:57  [respuesta]  recherche de police

It's actually Storm Trooper by Comicraft.com :
http://www.comicbookfonts.com/fonts/DL/catalog.html?item=fonts:dl213&sid=0001b1HKFo8MBY4bt47d1u4

Check the "N" as evidence.

Fuente identificada: Storm Trooper

06/05/2010 a las 05:03  [respuesta]  What makes a font popular?

I spent one weekend designing and kerning Rough Typewriter. It's downloaded 500 to 1000 times a day, generally.

I spent over a month on Clementine, trying to make it look hand drawn, and it gets downloaded a few times a week.

I think the most important thing for a font is what's popular right now.

And that's GRUNGE.

-- J

06/05/2010 a las 05:00  [respuesta]  Sites Redistributing daFont Fonts

WolfBainX ha dicho  
Something I noticed along the same lines quite by accident by typing some of my font names into google image search, was a group of embroidery web sites selling converted patterns of some of my freeware fonts for up to $9.99.
Basically they take your font and convert it into their required data so they can use it on embroidery machines and the like.
None of them have ever asked my permission to do so, and they insisted they had the right to do so! haha!
needless to say that is why I added a lengthy clause into my EULA forbidding it in the future without my written consent or a licensing agreement stating they bought the rights to do so.
If you make popular display fonts check ebay and google for people using your fonts, i'm sure some of yas will be surprised as I was! haha.
best regards
Larry Yerkes

Hey, copyright still protects you in this instance. ANYTHING on the internet is instantly protected by copyright. Your font, unless clearly indicated "Free for all uses" is still protected by copyright and anyone attempting to rebrand your work would be subject to legal issues. I'd let them know that you'd like to be compensated fairly for your work (Perhaps a percentage of profits they've received from reselling your work) otherwise let them know that you'd be hiring an attorney (whether it's true or not this would let them know that you know your rights and they've violated them.

This is all within US Federal law under copyright code.

21/04/2010 a las 04:34  [respuesta]  Commercial fonts

Most fonts are free for personal use, but require licensing for commercial use. Check the readme files of the fonts you're interested in.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 02:37

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto