Anuncio de hanaksara.studio

Foro

4 posts

Corporate use of free fonts

15/11/2015 a las 10:43

A question for the legal minds here... I recently discovered Disney have used one of my 100% free fonts in a Star Wars game without notifying me. Of course, the font was 100% free so maybe they didn't feel the need to tell me, but the same free font has been used by several other companies and, each time, I was asked to sign a contract confirming I was the font's designers and sole owner.

Anyway, my question is, am I exposed legally if I name them on my web site as a 'client'? And, would it be regarded as reasonable use if I displayed their logo rather than simply typing their name?

Thanks in advance, Steve

15/11/2015 a las 15:24

As a client no, I think. There has not been a supplier/customer relation. As a user, yes. They are after all using it.
As far as I know their logo is a world-wide registered trademark and one is only allowed to use it with their permission. That said, the logo is scattered all over the place and Disney does not seem to bother. If you can find an image with your font on a Disney site, use that one with a hotlink.

16/11/2015 a las 11:30

Include this possibility in the contract that this compahies ask you to sign.

16/11/2015 a las 13:24

Cool, thanks for your thoughts.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 02:20

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto