Anzeige von Akrtype Studio

Forum

5 posts

How to Purchase Fonts

31.05.2010 um 14:52

I'm new here, and trying to find out the above mentioned in my subject line. I haven't been able to find out how to contact the authors, except to leave a comment. Isn't there another way to contact them?

31.05.2010 um 16:58

Most, but not all, fonts here have the designer's name next to the font name, with a line underneath. Click on the designer's name, then click on View Profile. Many of the profiles will include an e-mail address. You can also do that with the name of anyone posting in the forums, clicking on their name will bring you to their profile page. The amount of information in the profile is determined by the member, (you have to be a member at dafont to read or post in the forums, or to submit a font, but anyone can download).

Contact information might also be in a read me document included with the font download. If there is a link that says site next to the author's name, try going to that Internet page for contact information. In some cases, you won't find any way to contact the author, especially for older fonts from designers that aren't making new fonts anymore.

31.05.2010 um 17:17

Thanks much for that info! In the case that I can't find an author, I'm guessing I should not use the font commercially?

31.05.2010 um 22:33

Sometimes if there is no contact information anywhere on dafont, you might find a creator's link on Luc Devroye's Type Designers (Long) page:

http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/longdesigners.html

If you are new to fonts, you will find Luc's many pages indispensible. See the 'On Snot and Fonts' Link at the bottom of every page on dafont. You can also try using a search engine to look for the designer, by name. It's unlikely that you will find anything on wikipedia, though, unless the designer wrote his bio page there him/herself.

31.05.2010 um 22:57

Thanks so much! I will continue my search. I did see the "On Snot and Fonts" link, but didn't check it out as of yet.

Regards,

D. Hernandez

Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 13:22

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt